Nebula vs. Fashion Green... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Shot a test panel today to see which one I liked more. Thought it would be useful for anyone in the future picking a "factory green" for there truck.

Nebula Green is on the right BTW. One picture outdoors and the other is in the shop.

Hasta,
~Al :beer:

IMG_1512.JPG

IMG_1521.jpg

Sweet which one you going with?
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1417390263.846509.jpg

Proud owner of Beast. 77 BJ40

I am going with Nebula. They are PPG Paints FWIW. Nice rig... Factory color?

Ya love nebula nice choice. No I don't think it's factory. I'm limited down here in CR. I actually just selected from a paint chip at regular paint store hah. Then had flattening agent added. Looking forward to your end result!

Proud owner of Beast. 77 BJ40

hmm my fashion green looks a little different but camera/computer magic could be changing the color a bit, both are awesome colors!
20140719_151513.jpg

Looks nice. Looks closer to Nebula on my Mac. But after a picture is taken, then transferred to a computer, then uploaded and then viewed by a browser(some change color in order to load faster i.e. FireFox). The color has changed quite a bit. When researching colors and looking up certain colors I possibly wanted the truck to be none of them ever looked the same. There were tons of times I had saved a picture because I loved the color only to spray it after getting a sample mixed and it be not even close to what I originally saw.

Even old Toyota literature colors have changed over the years, along with all old paint. It's definitely tough finding that perfect stock color.

Looks nice. Looks closer to Nebula on my Mac. But after a picture is taken, then transferred to a computer, then uploaded and then viewed by a browser(some change color in order to load faster i.e. FireFox). The color has changed quite a bit. When researching colors and looking up certain colors I possibly wanted the truck to be none of them ever looked the same. There were tons of times I had saved a picture because I loved the color only to spray it after getting a sample mixed and it be not even close to what I originally saw.

Even old Toyota literature colors have changed over the years, along with all old paint. It's definitely tough finding that perfect stock color.
Some of the real old 40's were kinda like a mint green type color. Do you know what its called? I never see anybody restore their rig with it. The nebula green seems to be a rare restoration color too from what I have seen.

Green, green, green, green......
oem 653 olive green 2.jpg

oem 621 rustic green.jpg

oem 622 nebula green.jpg.jpg

oem 632 deep green.jpg

Rudi

And more green
kleurenstaal toyota.JPG

sulfer yellow.jpg
spring green.jpg

Rudi

Last edited:
ebay24.JPG
ebay30.JPG
Heres my spring green resto from a couple years ago...

Scrapdaddy, is that your pig? Man that is sweeeet! I'm in love!

Thanks Rudi-

Thanks Rudi, starting to see the end of the tunnel. There's quite a few cool builds going on in the 55 forum, Lowtideride's is one of them.

Lowtideride, Have you decided on the color, I thought for awhile, you were going with a blue. it was a tough decision for me.

Great topic Low Tide! I love Fashion Green. I almost went that way on my Pig as it looked like it matched the original better than Nebula. I also looked at Breath Green:

mvc-328f-jpg.874823

From my POTM thread: POTM - March, 2014 - Javelina By Pablo Cruise

Beware, the colors can vary quite a bit as well! Jim also ordered Nebula for his Pig:

8-24-14-118-jpg.933558

8-24-14-121-jpg.933561

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom