neat oil for diaphram pump, how to? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi,
i've got myself a container of neats oil and was wondering how do i go about putting some on the diaphram without taking everything apart? i've look on my spare injection pump and there's a nipple on top of the diaphram pump housing, do i remove the hose and insert some neats oil down the nipple?
tia,
ivanhoe
merry x-mas to everyone!!:cheers:

Assuming I did it correctly (don't know what engine you've got, mine's a 3B), there was a screw on the top towards the rear of the pump, just take it out, put in a few drops.

That's how I understood you did it anyways, maybe I've been doing it wrong...?

I am not familiar with the 3B, but I know some 2H engines when worn seem to collect some engine oil down there, may pay to loosen the housing and see first.:cheers:

Voostra said:
Assuming I did it correctly (don't know what engine you've got, mine's a 3B), there was a screw on the top towards the rear of the pump, just take it out, put in a few drops.

That's how I understood you did it anyways, maybe I've been doing it wrong...?

forgot to mention, it's a 3B in a 85BJ60! :doh:
yes, there is a screw with a seal wire on it but that's what is on my 82bj60 spare pump. removing the hose would probably be easier unless you can see the diaphram when removing the screw????
ivanhoe

No to steal the thread: but is this needed maintenance on a 2H IP as well? and what types of oil can be used? I've got limited access to name brands, so *type* vs. *name brand* is super-helpful to me.

thanks!

neats foot oil there is a hole on the top of the pump, it has a copper washer under it, it calls for a few drop every oil change

neets foot oil is used for housre saddles basically protecting leather the pump diaphram is made of leather.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom