ND-8 or PAG 46 oil for 100 series A/C system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am just about to purchase the DENSO Compressor oil as I'm doing a full system rebuild except hard lines.

AC Compressor was recently replaced. I now have new condenser , evaporator, expansion valve, pressure switch, thermistor sensor to put in.

I need to put AC oil into the these parts and to lube o-rings.

SHOULD I use the DENSO ND-8 pag 46 oil ,,

OR CAN I USE A AC UV DYE ... are the SUPERCOOL or JAYAIR/JOHNSENS (FREEZE) PAG 46 oil OK TO USE ???
The reason I want to use it is the ability to see if there MAYBE other leaks in the system if this doesn't completely repair the issues?

Cheers.

ND8 and PAG 46 are essentially the same thing.

You can use any manufacturers PAG46, all meet minimum specifications. PAG is just an acronym for Polyalkylene Glycol and '46' is the viscosity.

IF you want dye you can add it....but I'm not fan of additives unless you suspect a leak in a very hard to see area.

ND8 and PAG 46 are essentially the same thing.

You can use any manufacturers PAG46, all meet minimum specifications. PAG is just an acronym for Polyalkylene Glycol and '46' is the viscosity.

IF you want dye you can add it....but I'm not fan of additives unless you suspect a leak in a very hard to see area.
yeah just watched the DENSO service tech video on youtube... pretty sure the guy says all DENSO equipment must use the DENSO brand oil.

I've ended up purchasing that in hindsight... my logic was that you can buy the gas sniffer tools anyway.

From all my research these are the tool used by real professionals anyway, to sniff leaks in systems.

The UV Dye appears to be a lazy / easy way of doing it. But for real.... UV Dye is UV Dye ... that's gotta introduce some sort of chemical to the system that obviously was never suppsoed to be there

Cheers

The UV Dye appears to be a lazy / easy way of doing it. But for real.... UV Dye is UV Dye ... that's gotta introduce some sort of chemical to the system that obviously was never suppsoed to be there

I don’t know about Toyota, but Ford has been adding dye from the factory for the last few years. It really helps when the cars roll off the transport truck with no a/c.

yeah just watched the DENSO service tech video on youtube... pretty sure the guy says all DENSO equipment must use the DENSO brand oil.
^^^^^
Of course he did. Denso tech is going to say use Denso product.

But as I said before PAG46 is accepted as the 'equivalent'

Not because I said so. Because nearly all manufacturers that recommend/use ND8 (as OEM) also allow that PAG46 can be substituted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom