For Sale NC: Shady LX seller (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Refuses to send undercarriage photos.

Claims that HE HAS NO WAY TO TAKE PHOTOS. lmfao.

Told him that it's a SUV, you can lay down and take photos.

Still refused and told me to come in. Certified crook.

The undercarriage is probably close to being dust with how desperately they are trying to hide it.

JTJHT00W164004930

Check the carfax, spent most of it's life in Texas then in NC, not states that i'd worry about rust.

Check the carfax, spent most of it's life in Texas then in NC, not states that i'd worry about rust.

Then why try so hard to not photograph it when they know how ridiculous it is to say that "they are unable" lmao. If they have an ass and a hand - they can take photos.

Furthermore I have seen several LCs that weren't from rusty states that were rust buckets.

So

I drove this one a few months ago. Frame is fine, no rust worth mentioning. The inside was filthy. The air bag light is on and the service records suggest it is a seatbelt sensor. Also, leaking radiator is noted on the last service. They couldn't tell me if that had been fixed. The steering felt vague to me, maybe steering rack bushings, but I wouldn't swear to it.

On the plus side, this dealer is real chill about test drives. They just hand you the keys and give you 30 min. No pressure, no follow up calls.

Also, they have a GX470 there and that IS a rust bucket.

Still refused and told me to come in. Certified crook.

The undercarriage is probably close to being dust with how desperately they are trying to hide it.
These statements feel a bit overboard for being purely guesses. Some dealers just don't want to deal with phone or email hagglers and prefer you come in to see for yourself. I agree they should just take the pics for you, but since you don't have evidence to what you're saying (in a libelous manner with the "certified crook" statement btw) I would just move on and not let it aggravate me. Find a vehicle and a seller who you can wok with, life is too short to get worked up over nothing.

Yeah, they probably washed it, did there little picture session, and then that is that. Hell, they probably still use a digital camera with a memory card lol. They'll sell the thing eventually to someone who doesnt care what the bottom looks like.

Black Lex on 20's + tax time = SOLD.

These statements feel a bit overboard for being purely guesses. Some dealers just don't want to deal with phone or email hagglers and prefer you come in to see for yourself. I agree they should just take the pics for you, but since you don't have evidence to what you're saying (in a libelous manner with the "certified crook" statement btw) I would just move on and not let it aggravate me. Find a vehicle and a seller who you can wok with, life is too short to get worked up over nothing.

No, I'll continue with my pragmatism.

If they wouldn't conduct business like this, there wouldn't be a problem. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Thanks though.

Libel?

Sorry, but THAT is funny.

Libel?

Sorry, but THAT is funny.

I'm not saying there will be a legal consequence, it's just a reflection of the unnecessary dramatics over a vehicle the OP could simply tick off his list rather than scream here over things he claims as fact, yet was immediately disputed by somebody who actually went and saw the vehicle and even had good things to say about the dealer. Two people stated opinions about a dealer, but only one actually visited the shop, who's opinion would you trust?

I'm not saying there will be a legal consequence, it's just a reflection of the unnecessary dramatics over a vehicle the OP could simply tick off his list rather than scream here over things he claims as fact, yet was immediately disputed by somebody who actually went and saw the vehicle and even had good things to say about the dealer. Two people stated opinions about a dealer, but only one actually visited the shop, who's opinion would you trust?

What you're saying matters not. You're splitting hairs.

It doesn't matter that someone else said that the undercarriage wasn't rusty because:

1. One man's "rust free" is another man's rust bucket.

2. The fact that you have to wade through all of these rust buckets and people saying RUST FREE! RUST FREE! and then the very first time you lay eyes underneath there's rust only amplifies my point.

3. If they are too shady and lazy to take photos, what else are they hiding and too lazy to do?

Why do you think that homicide detectives insist on finding out what you were doing and where you were during their victims homicide?

Because they are trying to lock you into a story.

This dealer not only refused to get onto their lazy ass and take photos, but they also refused to answer any of my questions over email and demanded that I talk to them on the phone.

Why? Because spoken words disappear with the wind. Written words do not. And they cannot have this. Why? Because they are shady.

They don't want to be locked into a story, whether it's something as simple as having a spare key, all the way to something as serious as title status, maintenance and agreed upon price.

When you have a dealer who refuses to send photos, refuses to discuss details over the phone, and refuses to give you an out-the-door price: they are shady via circumstancial evidence and common sense.

They can't afford to be locked into a story and then have actual written words promising anything. So there doesn't need to be a smoking gun - the fact that they refuse to lock themselves into anything at all shows their complete LACK OF CONFIDENCE in the vehicle. Anyone with a vehicle which they are confident in would CHALLENGE you to FIND something wrong with it.

This is not rocket science.

I'm here posting this so that someone else doesn't waste their time and get ripped.

Don't we all want to help each other?

Why the hell are you sticking up for them instead of your LC brethren?

Exactly.

Last edited:
Why the hell are you sticking up for them instead of your LC brethren?
Thank you, your two months of dedicated loyalty to this forum has humbled me.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 10.46.35 AM.png

Thank you, your two months of dedicated loyalty to this forum has humbled me.

View attachment 2184523

Try again.

Length of membership only matters to WOW nerds.

My statements speak for themselves. Why would you be on the side of some seedy dealership in a place 1000 miles away from you rather than your fellow forum members?

Sorry, but there's no getting out of that one.

This will be my final comment on this pointless thread, but you seem to be missing the nuance that you offered no factual information, just an opinion based in wild speculation. This wastes everybody's time.

BTW I had to google what the hell "WOW" was. World of Warcraft video game... really? How old are you?
You get the last word since I'm done debating with a child. Have fun with it Land Cruiser expert. :cool:

This will be my final comment on this pointless thread, but you seem to be missing the nuance that you offered no factual information, just an opinion based in wild speculation. This wastes everybody's time.

BTW I had to google what the hell "WOW" was. World of Warcraft video game... really? How old are you?
You get the last word since I'm done debating with a child. Have fun with it Land Cruiser expert. :cool:

Cool story.

If you walk outside and all of the cars on the street have water droplets on them, but it is not actually raining at that particular moment, do we need scientific and photographic evidence that it rained?

Nope.

Try again.

Feel free to re-read. You have been summarily dismissed and it's not even close.

Black Lex on 20's + tax time = SOLD.
I'm finally in the market and stopped by to check this out. It had a 'Sold' tag in the window. I did find an almost identical one just south of Raleigh. Undercarriage was extremely clean; one little bump mark on the front bumper and the rear spoiler showed signs of tagging a garage door or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom