For Sale NC: Reproduction LV Bumper Brackets for '65 - '67 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, this is interesting. There were at least two brackets through the production run of LV’s. My 1964 frame does not have the three holes needed to mount one of the later brackets like yours. (I still want a set, though). The first four pics are from the 1963 45V parts manual. Unfortunately, this 1963 manual uses the old part numbering system and I don’t have a cross to the later system for this part. As you’ll see, there was an early style with long brackets that dates back to the FJ35LV and an optional setup with a bracket that seems to mount straight off the back of the crossmember, but we know it can’t work quite like that. I’m wondering if the early frames have an additional welded or riveted bracket that drops down from each end of the crossmember for the brackets to bolt to. My 1964 frame shows slight remnants of some booger welded brackets that were probably welded on later by a PO.
04626F41-ACBE-4929-B592-AF495E107887.jpeg

51F3906E-8DBB-4500-9B58-E267875199F6.jpeg

CA185E7F-D4D9-4DC8-BFDA-5F584B72EA37.jpeg
C07CADE0-71AA-45E7-902F-848C0DD7EEDC.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification Splangy!

Looks like the reproduction brackets I have are for '65-'67 only. It's possible Toyota made the switch sometime earlier, so easiest way to know is to check for the 3 bolt holes on bottom of frame at rear.

Sorry @swamp-thing and @mmcinnis. I'll wait to hear from you that you've seen this and don't want the brackets before changing the list.

thanks all for the clarification! my set can go to the next in line and I will verify my setup next time i’m at the rigs storage spot.... much appreciated.

@crustycruise can you please add me to the second buyer list while i confirm/disconfirm my frame has the 3 holes?

thx

Last edited:
I'm away with work, I can check the 10th of April. Once confused I'll try to get on the next batch. Thanks for getting these made.
Mike

In the 63 manual, what is part number “BU”? Also in the 65 manual as “AD”. Description is “Plate sub-assy, rear bumper bracket OPT”

Also, Is @TRAIL TAILOR going to run a batch of rear LV bumpers?

In the 63 manual, what is part number “BU”? Also in the 65 manual as “AD”. Description is “Plate sub-assy, rear bumper bracket OPT”

I only have the '65 manual. The whole page including AD is attached.

Not positive, but I believe Trail Tailor is willing if we LV owners can supply an original.

65 LV manual.jpg

Do you have a digitized LV manual?
Yes, thanks to @DomSmith I have PDFs of the '65 FJ40 and '65FJ45LV catalogs, which, combined, covers everything on an LV. Also have the FJ45 P-B catalog. Good news for you is Dom gave me permission to share! Here's an idea, you PM me your email, I'll send you the 3 catalog files and you can share with anyone else that's interested; almost certainly others will want copies. Deal? Trust me, having these manuals is a game changer!

LV Catalog.jpg

The company that created the CAD agreed to share this PDF with me (couldn't talk them into releasing the native CAD file). Thought some of you, especially LV owners outside the US wanting to avoid high shipping costs, might be interest in creating a CAD file, making your own brackets, etc.

Bracket Design.jpg

Yes, thanks to @DomSmith I have PDFs of the '65 FJ40 and '65FJ45LV catalogs, which, combined, covers everything on an LV. Also have the FJ45 P-B catalog. Good news for you is Dom gave me permission to share! Here's an idea, you PM me your email, I'll send you the 3 catalog files and you can share with anyone else that's interested; almost certainly others will want copies. Deal? Trust me, having these manuals is a game changer!

View attachment 2629588
Thank you! Sent message

BU and AD are the same part

Round 1 is done!

A round 2 list has been started and four slots are taken. Anyone else? I'd like to have the next batch cut this week or early next, so please let me know if you want in so I can set a number.

LV bracket rd2 .jpg

FWIW - I have a 64 LV and there was one rear bumper mount still on the truck (ends that connect to bumper on my original were missing). I compared the original to the @crustycruise repros and they look the same. 3 frame mount holes are identical spacing. Of course, the new repros are heftier gauge metal 👍. Highly recommend these to LVers. In the big scheme of "LV-unobtanium", these are a bargain.

45LV bumper mount 1.JPG
45LV bumper mount 2.JPG
45LV bumper mount 3.JPG

@xtremeVA That helps a ton ! -- I haven't been able to check my 64 yet ( I am going to on monday ) -- but it looks promising from your experience like these will probably work for me. @crustycruise just to confirm I am on list #2 since I offered up my spot on list #1 while trying to figure out compatibility with pre-65

@xtremeVA That helps a ton ! -- I haven't been able to check my 64 yet ( I am going to on monday ) -- but it looks promising from your experience like these will probably work for me. @crustycruise just to confirm I am on list #2 since I offered up my spot on list #1 while trying to figure out compatibility with pre-65
Absolutely

FWIW - I have a 64 LV and there was one rear bumper mount still on the truck (ends that connect to bumper on my original were missing). I compared the original to the @crustycruise repros and they look the same. 3 frame mount holes are identical spacing. Of course, the new repros are heftier gauge metal 👍. Highly recommend these to LVers. In the big scheme of "LV-unobtanium", these are a bargain.

View attachment 2632649 View attachment 2632650View attachment 2632651

Must have been a mid year change in 1964 as mine and some others’ 1964’s don’t show similar mounting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom