For Sale NC, OEM 15X7 Chrome Wheels from 89' BJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm selling the stock 15x7" chrome wheels with tires from my 89 bj73. The full set of five. Tires are 265 70r15 all terrains. 2 are cooper discovers and two are "Achilles". They have perhaps 70% or more tread left. 4 of the rims are nice as you can see in the picture I wiped them with a towel but did not use any polish for picture. The spare rim has a couple rust spots as in the picture. The spare holds air and is serviceable as a spare but that's about it.
I don't need these anymore and they should be worth a little money to someone who does want some stock rims and decent stock size tires. I want to sell the complete set. Local pickup or I may meet you within 2 hours of Pinehurst, NC.
$best offer.

IMG_20200731_200500.jpg

IMG_20200731_195947.jpg

IMG_20200731_200313.jpg

IMG_20200731_200416.jpg

IMG_20200809_163807.jpg

Last edited:
What is the lowest you will take for them

I don't need these anymore and they should be worth a little money to someone who does want some stock rims and decent stock size tires.

Those are not generic "wagon" wheels!

Unless I'm mistaken, those are the highly desirable 15"x7" Sahara optional wheels available outside USA, not the usual 15x6" 60 series chrome wheels.
If I was in your area I'd be headed your way with $$ in hand.

wheel copy.jpg

Last edited:
Which part of NC are you located? Or more accurately, how much delivered to Knoxville, TN?

Which part of NC are you located? Or more accurately, how much delivered to Knoxville, TN?
I about 1 hours south of Raleigh near pinehurst. I won't drive to Knoxville. I have just been told these wheels are very desirable and worth some good money. I won't drive more than 2 hours and my cost for that is $30 per hour delivery. I haven't thought about calculating shipping. Maybe I should consider that if these wheels/tires are worth decent money.

Those are not generic "wagon" wheels!

Unless I'm mistaken, those are the highly desirable 15"x7" Sahara optional wheels available outside USA, not the usual 15x6" 60 series chrome wheels.
If I was in your area I'd be headed your way with $$ in hand.

View attachment 2396800
I said "wagon wheels" because thats what they look like. The BJ 73 is imported from Spain. It's a pretty good set of what I believe is factory rims with a good set of stock size tires............I simply don't need them. ARe these things worth enough for me to consider calculating shipping?

The wheels alone weigh about 38 lbs each.
Last time I shipped a set of those wheels, I used boxes from Home Depot (18" x 18" x 18" thick cardboard) and packed two wheels to a box. FedEx ground home delivery was the best price @ $61 per wheel coast to coast. Cheaper if recipient has a business address and account.

Shipping with tires will require LTL freight and cost much more.

The wheels alone weigh about 38 lbs each.
Last time I shipped a set of those wheels, I used boxes from Home Depot (18" x 18" x 18" thick cardboard) and packed two wheels to a box. FedEx ground home delivery was the best price @ $61 per wheel coast to coast. Cheaper if recipient has a business address and account.

Shipping with tires will require LTL freight and cost much more.
I've had tires shipped to my house numerous times with no issue. Simply a mailing label sticker put on the tire and wrapped with clear plastic to hold the sticker on. Not sure if you could send it like that with a rim or not. The tires on the rims are good tires and worth some money, but most people only want the rims. They would be great for someone trying to restore a old LC to a stock stance/appearance. That wasn't what I was going for and your choice of tires is limited by the 15" rim size so I got some 16" tacoma steelies and spacers for my 73.
It's hard to get a good deal on freight. When I've had big things sent to me like Air conditioners, engines, etc. It tends to cost about $250 for whatever you can put on a wood pallet to about 4" high. If you try and call a freight company as a individual it is much higher, or worse they come back and try to bill you for astronomical amounts after the fact/after your shipment is complete(had that experience).

Should I change the name of my add thread to a more proper description of the wheels? If yes what exactly is the proper description of the wheel I have?

Maybe if you change the title to reflect that these are original equipment instead of wagon wheels.

Don't know about everyone else, but when I see "wagon wheel" I think of these: American Racing 445665
Those have been around a long time, have 8 spokes and are relatively cheap.

The Toyota p/n for yours is 42601-60210 and were used on 60 and 70 series (also available in white).

PM sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom