SOLD NC noobie in search of 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
  2. LX470
Mileage
Color
White
Hi everyone,

Great forum, I’ve used it a lot for research, but this is my first post. Just another noobie here looking to join team 100.

What I’m looking for:
- 2003-2007 LC or LX
- Within 300 miles or so of Richlands, NC.
- ~150k-ish miles
- Light on rust
- As stock as possible
- Budget is around $17k

Let me know what you have!

I have a ‘99. I’m in Raleigh. 225kmi NC car its whole life
Thanks for the reply, looking for something a little newer/less miles. Question: do you all think I’ll be able to find what I’m looking for at that price range, or do I have to adjust my expectations some?

Thanks for the reply, looking for something a little newer/less miles. Question: do you all think I’ll be able to find what I’m looking for at that price range, or do I have to adjust my expectations some?
You'll probably find something, but restricting geographic area will slow down your search considerably. You might also be a little bit higher on miles at 17k.

You'll probably find something, but restricting geographic area will slow down your search considerably. You might also be a little bit higher on miles at 17k.
Yeah, already been branching out a bit. I considered this one on eBay. Gave the dealer a call they said $17,500 with new carpet and fresh leather in the 1st and second rows from LC Heaven. Good deal?

Yeah, already been branching out a bit. I considered this one on eBay. Gave the dealer a call they said $17,500 with new carpet and fresh leather in the 1st and second rows from LC Heaven. Good deal?
Seems like a fair price. I lost an auction at that dealership in December. I would arrange an inspection with LCH since it's next door. That will tell you everything you need to know. Also, the frame looks painted so that's often something to get more of info on.

Seems like a fair price. I lost an auction at that dealership in December. I would arrange an inspection with LCH since it's next door. That will tell you everything you need to know. Also, the frame looks painted so that's often something to get more of info on.
Sounded fair to me, too, but I’m just a noob, so I wasn’t sure. Smart. Maybe I’ll give LCH a call. Yeah, it looked too clean for an almost 20 yo truck, it was hard for me to tell from the low angle though.

These days, you won't touch a good, low mile 2006-07 for your budget.

Don't be a rush. There are a lot of turds out there.

These days, you won't touch a good, low mile 2006-07 for your budget.

Don't be a rush. There are a lot of turds out there.
Figured as much. Good advice, it’s easy to get in a hurry to buy something and make a mistake. ‘03-‘05 is in the mix too. I almost went and looked at that silver ‘06 LX in Raleigh, but some heroes on this forum said it was rusted out and saved me the trip/disappointment.

This one is more than your budget but seems to be in pristine condition

Also, if you don't know already, you can use the toyota/lexus owners site to look up dealer service history on cars without actually owning the them. You just have to know the VIN.

This one is more than your budget but seems to be in pristine condition

That one is beautiful. Not worried about the price as much as the distance...don’t think I can make the 20 hr round trip to Tampa...thanks for the link I hadn’t seen that one!

Also, if you don't know already, you can use the toyota/lexus owners site to look up dealer service history on cars without actually owning the them. You just have to know the VIN.
Thanks, I actually just set up my account for that! Learned that trick from this forum. Noobie actually used the search for once...

That one is beautiful. Not worried about the price as much as the distance...don’t think I can make the 20 hr round trip to Tampa...thanks for the link I hadn’t seen that one!
If pricing isn't an issue, have it inspected and shipped. Will only set you back a couple hundred dollars from FL to NC. If this car is a FL car all its life, undercarriage will be clean enough to eat off of. Excellent/original condition cars are few and far btw.

If pricing isn't an issue, have it inspected and shipped. Will only set you back a couple hundred dollars from FL to NC. If this car is a FL car all its life, undercarriage will be clean enough to eat off of. Excellent/original condition cars are few and far btw.
Hmm. That’s not a bad idea, I’m just weary of buying one sight unseen. I really, really like to see things before I buy them. I know that’s kind of weird this day and age. It’s not like I’m an old man, either, just a quirk I guess. Probably a quirk that will make it harder to get the 100 I want haha

Got some pics from before the rustoleum treatment. Hard to see, but it def doesn’t knock my socks off. Thoughts?

1614181951852.jpeg

1614181982242.jpeg

Frame rails look okay, but it's more rust than I would want to deal with. If you have time, I would wait for something with less rust.

Might be your lucky day.

Might be your lucky day.
Not bad at all. Thanks, nice find!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom