NC Hillbilly Truck A/C

Rice

Sometimes it hurts being from this state. That's just dumb. First flex of the bed and it's history. Worse still is him thinking his charge system can actually power that getup. Bone head idiots.

Jman

wob said:
Wow - I think it would have been cheaper and easier to just get it fixed.

:confused:

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1795&page=2&pp=10
Cheaper? Maybe not. ACs are real cheap now. That unit probably cost $100. The inverter, what, $75? How much work can you get done on your truck for $175?

But agreed, pretty stupid. Now, where's that old pic with the AC unit in the rear p.u. slider window?

wob

Jman said:
Cheaper? Maybe not. ACs are real cheap now. That unit probably cost $100. The inverter, what, $75? How much work can you get done on your truck for $175?

But agreed, pretty stupid. Now, where's that old pic with the AC unit in the rear p.u. slider window?

I read through the whole thing - I think he has about $250 in it. :eek:

Who knows what it cost him in lost resale value?

Jman

wob said:

Considering the outside of the truck is white and the inside is red, I don't think we need to worry about resale value. :rolleyes:

You read through the whole thing? You must have even less to do than I. . . . . . :D

wob said:

(Quote)
Thanks for the comments, alltogether it was $90 for the A/C, $160 for the power inverter, Yep, Chris, had to get the big one, and $130 for the cable. Maybe another 50 for the incidentals like terminals, cutting wheels etc.
(end quote)

Thought you said you read the whole thing :D :flipoff2: :D

90+160+130+50 = $430
Still far cheaper than the $1000+ it would likely take to replace the whole system

krzyabncanuck

USFS HOTSHOT

And MY wife says i'm a redneck.. Ba Humbug. I don't think i will ever get that bad, and I live in NC also.

cruiser_guy

Different, but I have my doubts on how well or how long it will work. Window A/C units are designed to be installed in a stationary location and with a certain slope, neither of which is present in this case.
Charging system problems plus A/C unit failures coming to NC!!

Top Bottom