SOLD NC: 4 Speed Conversion "Kit" for early FJ40 & FJ45s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Disclaimer - I am not an expert on early transmissions and transfer cases. What knowledge I have I gained while pulling together the parts I came to believe were needed to convert my pre-68 FJ from 3 speed to 4 speed and still use the original transfer case - before changing my mind and deciding to stay with a stock 3 speed. Any mistakes in my descriptions are unintentional and if I am advised of a mistake I will change it immediately.

Offered is an H42 transmission that was professionally rebuilt and converted to course spline output shaft allowing direct bolt up to your early/split transfer case. I believe the "kit", as I am calling it, with the exception of the flywheel, pressure plate and clutch, includes most everything needed to make the conversion, including:

H42 Trans and floor shift top plate
Top plate, tranny to t/c, etc. gaskets, seal and shifter (no knob)
Re-plated tranny top plate bolts
Re-plated longer 4 Spd tranny to t/c bolts
Modified transfer case linkage to compensate for the additional length of the 4 speed trans
4 speed bell housing (not pictured) and inspection cover
4 Speed throwout bearing, spacer and yoke

$1,200 (excluding shipping) and lots of search hours invested. Asking $850 obo. Buyer pays shipping.

IMG 1.jpg
IMG_4297.jpg
IMG_4300.jpg
IMG_4301.jpg
IMG_4302.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Bear!

Found a pic of the bell housing. Ignore the orange marks, I was using them to make sure the attachment points for the inspection cover matched the bell housing.

bell housing insp cover copy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom