craigslist NC 2006 LX470 thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Hey guys. I'm new here and am interested in the LX470. Anything glaringly wrong with it?
Dealer sent me pics of undercarriage. I'll try to post.
Thanks in advance!
image1.jpeg
image0-2.jpeg
image2.jpeg

Last edited:
It's due for a timing belt and water pump at 180k miles. Expect to replace the front axles as well. At this milage, there may be a lot of deferred maintenance that has piled up. It won't hurt the truck, it will just need to get done before something does break. AS far as rust, looks super clean to me.

You can register with the Toyota owners site and input the VIN for any Toyota services without being the owner, so that will help you get started on maintenance records beyond the CarFax. As always, get a PPI if you can.

It's due for a timing belt and water pump at 180k miles. Expect to replace the front axles as well. At this milage, there may be a lot of deferred maintenance that has piled up. It won't hurt the truck, it will just need to get done before something does break. AS far as rust, looks super clean to me.

You can register with the Toyota owners site and input the VIN for any Toyota services without being the owner, so that will help you get started on maintenance records beyond the CarFax. As always, get a PPI if you can.
Thanks!
For negotiation purposes how much typically to do timing and water pump?

Thanks!
For negotiation purposes how much typically to do timing and water pump?
I think it can be anywhere from 800 - 2000 depending on parts (OEM vs aftermarket) and labor costs (dealer vs private). I haven't had to do one yet, but that's what seems to come up in the forums.

That looks like top dollar based on what I've seen lately. I'd estimate at least $1200 for the TB, etc service. If you can get it down to $17 flat that might be worth it.

That looks like top dollar based on what I've seen lately. I'd estimate at least $1200 for the TB, etc service. If you can get it down to $17 flat that might be worth it.
Thanks! Yeah I too am thinking it's priced just a bit high

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom