Nav Update Download (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hijack! Speaking of nav... The nav in my 04 LC worked great on the mainland, but is nothing but a compass with long/lat numbers out here in Maui. Called Toyota about getting a Hawaii nav disc. They said it doesn't exist for my generation nav. Are there any solutions or am I SOL? I don't get lost in my island. It's just nice to point at a map and say "look where we are" when we adventure around.

Does the 2013 update help me?

Update - i burned the disc iso with imgburn onto a Dual Layer DVD , installed it into the truck under the passenger seat and it seems to be working. My house shows up on my street now!

Hijack! Speaking of nav... The nav in my 04 LC worked great on the mainland, but is nothing but a compass with long/lat numbers out here in Maui. Called Toyota about getting a Hawaii nav disc. They said it doesn't exist for my generation nav. Are there any solutions or am I SOL? I don't get lost in my island. It's just nice to point at a map and say "look where we are" when we adventure around.

Does the 2013 update help me?

i have no idea if it will fix yur issue but its pretty hard to beat the price.

how does this go again? The gen4 won't work in 2003 and before I think?

from what i found about Hawaii will only work on Gen 5-6+ so 2008+

this DVD is for 2004-2007 LX's and LC's

and pretty much all other 2004-2007 Lexus and Toyotas it says.

Last edited:
MikeKennedy,

What year is your LC? Any major changes that you noticed with this disc? What kind of DVD did you use?

Thanks,
Jason

Nav Update

Nice find MikeKennedy.

I just burned and installed mine in my 2006 LX...it works great!

Yoeddy1 - The file is @8.42 GBs, so you will need to use a Dual Layer DVD, as they have a capacity of 8.5 GBs. Burn it as a .ISO file and you should be good to go.

Any recommendation regarding a brand? I have an 04 LC, and some of the threads around burning yield differing results.

Jason

Just downloaded the ISO. I'll grab some dual layer DVDs tomorrow and throw it in. I think the version that I originally bought from the dealer was from 2010. If the burned 2013 update doesn't work, can I just put my OEM version back in and will it work?

Thanks,
Jason

MikeKennedy,

What year is your LC? Any major changes that you noticed with this disc? What kind of DVD did you use?

Thanks,
Jason

Mine is a 2005 i didn't notice anything crazy, accept all the roads around me are actually on the map so i can use the navigation now. I just used memorex dual layer dvd+r 8.5gb

The first copy i burned didnt check ok when i verified the data but second copy checked out ok,

As for the backwards compatibility toyota says no you can't put the old dvd back in but i find that hard to believe,

Last edited:
Awesome! I used the same Memorex DL RW+ media, burned the ISO with ImgBurn software, loaded the disc up in my 2004 LC and it works just fine!

Hopefully the source will continue to provide ISOs over the years! Beats dropping 2 bills at the dealer.

Jason

This download is an EXE file?? What's the process once downloaded?

nope not an exe, its a ISO file.
after you download just pop a Blank 8.5GB Dual Layer DVD in yur burner
open IMGburn and click Write image file to disc
find the file, click Burn and wait.
Done

The most difficult part is understanding how to use the bittorrent client, and digging through the site to find the file can be a pain. It's worth it to figure it out. ;)

Jason

Is there an option for this for an '03? When I bought it last year it had an '05 Nav manual in it which makes me wonder if the Nav has been changed out. Is that possible? Is there a way to tell?

Is there an option for this for an '03? When I bought it last year it had an '05 Nav manual in it which makes me wonder if the Nav has been changed out. Is that possible? Is there a way to tell?

available on ebay for $25 or so. works great.

Eject the disc and if it says gen2/3 the nav system is appropriate for the MY, if it says gen 4 then the nav system drive has been changed out to a later system.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom