1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nav System says I'm driving in the Atlantic Ocean - how to recalibrate

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by fnpierce, Jul 17, 2017.

1. fnpierce

fnpierce

I know I've seen this before but can't find it when searching. What is the magical sequence to recalibrate the Nav System/GPS? Thanks

2003 LC

2. Phrog

Phrog

fnpierce likes this.
  3. Mark WV

Mark WV

Media:
    Albums:
    Do you have the green GPS indicator showing up on the screen below the North Arrow on top left of screen? If not, then likely you do not have a GPS signal going to the GPS Unit - Possible it is a bad GPS antenna.

You can try removing the DVD, and then reinstalling it to see if that helps - DVD is under the passenger front seat - remove the plastic cover from the rear of the seat and you can eject the DVD. Then Turn everything off and then reinsert the DVD and start up the vehicle, giving it 5 minutes to reload the system. Do this outside where it should be receiving a GPS Signal. I doubt this will solve it but who knows

If you still don't have the Green GPS indicator on the screen then it is likely a failed antenna - see this link below for additional details

GPS not working

fnpierce likes this.
  4. fnpierce

fnpierce

Thanks! That's what I was looking for.

5. HiFiGuy

HiFiGuy

Have you considered that your GPS is fine, and you are actually driving in the Atlantic? I mean, LCs are pretty bad-ass. Just sayin'.

Spike555 likes this.