NATO cans? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to buy a couple, if anyone around here has one or two for sale, please let me know.

The official vendors can't/won't ship to a CA address.

I also need the NATO spout.

thanks

Dana

fj40dana@hotmail.com

Dana, I got two "vintage" NATO cans from Dave (Socalfj) awhile back - already forgot how much I paid for them - but they were cheap. He mentioned getting them close to his work...hell chime in and post the place he bought them from. Im looking to get 1 more to make it 15 gallons - 150 miles more :rolleyes:.

If you want some new ones "NATO style": NATO style Jerry Cans - close to Magic Mountain.

The spout is down the bottom of the page. Good luck.

If there is an ORW near you, check them out, they had a ton of them @ the San Diego store about 4-5 months ago. They were the standard can and "required" u bought the spout to be legal! Hmmmm

Do what I did, find a mud buddy outside of the Republik of Kalifornia and have them buy you some good Wedco cans and pour spout, then have them ship the cans to you privately.

I'm not sure how this BP place can sell new NATO cans to the PRK. They do say they are not legal to use in the PRK on the site. But do they sell them locally anyway?

Watch out for the spouts. You want a real military one, probably, cheap chinese knockoffs are known to leak.

SOCALFJ recommended me to these guys...

All American Army Surplus
2584 Fender Ave # D
Fullerton, CA 92831
(714) 871-3210

they have tons to chose from!

watch out for the surplus ones also, they may look like new on the outside and they sell them as "like new", but they may have just repainted them quickly. Try looking for dings and dents to get a feel for prior use. No biggie there, but it's not as easy to repaint the inside properly and you don't want too much rust or paint flakes in your gas. Some of these things have been kicked around for 50 yrs.

SOCALFJ recommended me to these guys...

All American Army Surplus
2584 Fender Ave # D
Fullerton, CA 92831
(714) 871-3210

they have tons to chose from!

Yep, thats where i go and as a matter of fact, i picked up 2 more last week for the trailer.

Yep, thats where i go and as a matter of fact, i picked up 2 more last week for the trailer.

Holy gas cans Batman! :eek:

How many does that make Dave - Nine? Seven in the Inti and now two on the trailer...plus the aux tank? So, the Nato cans at 5 gallons each and the aux tank at, what, 30 gallons...that makes 75 extra gallons or a grand total of 100 with that silly little OEM tank. At an mpg of 10 (at best) due to all that extra weight and trailer, you can now go a whooping 1000 miles! :clap:

Thats just silly man! Do you ever even travel outside of CA? :D

Sorry, couldnt resist! :flipoff2:

Actually silly necks, i sold all my gas cans to fellow mudders when i installed the aux tank... at the meet and greet and kept 2. So pipe down. I switched out the two on the trailer for matching cans (1 water and 1 gas). The trailer had the retarded Republic of CA cans. The rack has 1 water and 2 gas. They are emergency cans. So i have a total of 5. 3 gas and 2 water for showers. Plus the 19 on the trailer :D

And yes, as a matter of fact there Kevin, i was in Yuma yesterday with the 80.

Thank you come again, thanks for playing. :flipoff2:

Actually silly necks, i sold all my gas cans to fellow mudders when i installed the aux tank... at the meet and greet and kept 2. So pipe down. I switched out the two on the trailer for matching cans (1 water and 1 gas). The trailer had the retarded Republic of CA cans. The rack has 1 water and 2 gas. They are emergency cans. So i have a total of 5. 3 gas and 2 water for showers. Plus the 19 on the trailer :D

And yes, as a matter of fact there Kevin, i was in Yuma yesterday with the 80.

Thank you come again, thanks for playing. :flipoff2:

Yuma Eh? A tad warm? :D

Are these the Wedco cans?

I'll try giving them a call tomorrow.

thanks to all who responded!

If none of these local places pan out, I've located a vendor in Las Vegas who has the Wedco cans, new. I'll just pick up two on the way to Moab.

Dana

Dana,

I've been following your thread on the Norcal site as well. You are just best off getting the brand new Wedco non-CARB cans in Vegas. Be sure to pick up the Wedco spout at the same time. You'll want yellow for Stinky tho, so make sure they've got them in stock.

If I thought I needed any more, I'd have you pick up a couple of red ones for me, but I've never even been in the situation where I've 'really' needed the two I carry now, but I'll think about it if you're willing. When is your trip to Vegas?

BTW - who in Vegas?

Yeah, damn hot. 105 degrees in the shade. Ouch.

Not wedco as far as i know. They look more like Russion ex-military cans to me. I never really paid attention to the brand. Just as long as they sealed, weren't dented and were clean inside.

I just stopped into the Army Navy Surplus store here, and they have German Black tanks with Benzine tags on them.

Would these do more harm than good?

also they have cute little 5 L size too. And a metal spout for sale that fits the trapezoidal like opening.

Could one just buy these, and give them a good rinse out and use them for their "military recreations"-ahem....???? they're in great shape, metal and no rust. 25 bucks a pop.

Are the Wedco plastic cans worth getting, or would you only get metal for fuel?

Pablo,

Anything you'd buy new here in CA will be CARB compliant...in other words they SUCK. It's hilareous that CARB compliant are 'designed' not to leak and that's all they do! I spilled more gas from my old s***z CARB can than I ever have from my 'illegal' WEDCO cans purchased out of state.

roger that.
these are from a military surplus, previously used. Along with the obligatory " not sold for gas in Kulleyforneeyah"

Granted, I want Wedco's too, and the killer caps that aren't Chinese.

Could an old German Benzine can be retro'd to work?
And what is the fine for not using the CARB crap? is it like getting busted for drinking at a party? pour it out and start over? or is it actually substantial? (read $$$ and jail time)

And what is the fine for not using the CARB crap? is it like getting busted for drinking at a party? pour it out and start over? or is it actually substantial? (read $$$ and jail time)

Here's the deal as i understand it. If they're already here and have been used you can buy them legally. Like army surplus or some dude on craigslist etc etc. You are just not allowed to buy NEW FUEL cans. So, in otherwords, you can buy the BLUE water cans that Expedition Exchange sells and use them for fuel if you want. You can also buy brand new ones for FUEL in GREEN and have them shipped to your buddy in Arizona, then back to you if you really want GREEN. There's no gas can police that will come around and bust you on it. Even if there was, they wouldn't be able to prove that you just bought them. Im not aware of any fine you would get with them, i think the seller is the one that would get fined (storefront). The way the guys do it where i buy them is they spray paint the lid white and say they're for water ONLY. Thats i guess how they "think" they can get away with it. It's all very very stupid IMHO. I just sold my WEDCO CA compliant versions and went and bought 2 more NATO's. I couldn't stand how long it took to pour the CA compliant non spill versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom