Wanted Nationwide: Want To Buy Mustard FJ40/BJ40/BJ42/FJ43 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have dreamed of owning a mustard-colored Land Cruiser since seeing my first one at the age of 14. I am finally in a financial position to be able to afford one and want to start my search.

Preference for late-model ('80 or newer) FJ40/BJ40/BJ42/FJ43 in mustard yellow. May also consider older years (pre '80), but want mustard yellow color. Preference for matching numbers, as well as one that was originally mustard. If BJ40 or BJ42, preference for left-hand drive. Don't have to be fully restored (although open to that), but would prefer something that is currently operable and isn't a complete bucket. But beggars can't be choosers, so let me know what you have.

Based in Utah, but willing to travel nationwide for the right rig.

Budget based on age, condition, amount (or lack thereof) of rust, etc.

Let me know what you have and let's see if we can make a deal

Here’s another on Facebook marketplace around Seattle. Not a bad price...

DC6D4D45-2747-4D6B-8A62-DEC390C00C84.png

There are several of them out there for sale right now. I suggest you check the classified section on this site, Craig's List, and Facebook.

In my humble opinion... you are either going to have to wait, travel, or pay top dollar (maybe all three) to get everything on your wish list. There is not as may 1980 or newer models out there. To get what you are asking is probably going to be north of $25k

I wouldn't pass up a 1975 USA model or newer one if it is yellow, good shape, and mostly original... and if it is in your price range. Get the 2F motor, disk breaks, and a 4 speed. That is what makes the most difference (IMHO).

One other thought... be sure to do your homework. Just because it is a 1980 or newer, doesn't mean the same thing if it is not a USA model. I would usually take a 1976 or newer USA over just about any year if it is imported from somewhere else. I am not knocking the imports. There are good ones out there, it's just usually a little clearer what you are getting if you can get a mostly original USA model. The point is... DO YOUR HOMEWORK :) There is lots of info out there on the differences. Just my 2 cents...

This one is about 20 mins from me if you want me to check it out for you. It has a small block Chevy (that's probably a deal breaker)

Yellow FJ40.jpg

Last edited:
This one looks like an 1981, Yellow, and a USA model.... and a good price!!

It is on Facebook Marketplace Winston-Salem, NC

No power steering... but other than that it looks pretty good for an 81 model.

It WON'T let me post a link

Yellow FJ40 2.jpg

Last edited:
I have dreamed of owning a mustard-colored Land Cruiser since seeing my first one at the age of 14. I am finally in a financial position to be able to afford one and want to start my search.

Preference for late-model ('80 or newer) FJ40/BJ40/BJ42/FJ43 in mustard yellow. May also consider older years (pre '80), but want mustard yellow color. Preference for matching numbers, as well as one that was originally mustard. If BJ40 or BJ42, preference for left-hand drive. Don't have to be fully restored (although open to that), but would prefer something that is currently operable and isn't a complete bucket. But beggars can't be choosers, so let me know what you have.

Curious why 1980 or newer?

Here is one.

@Indygbd - didn't some dude from Saudi Arabia buy this?

Happy to paint this one mustard! If I end up keeping it, that is the color I have planned for it. I really like the color.

I have a 1973 FJ converted to BJ (2H) in 2010. Restoration done it DFW 1999. Texas/OK/NM car. 73000 miles. Color is Pollux Orange. Interested or are you stuck on mustard yellow? $29000

I have a 1973 FJ converted to BJ (2H) in 2010. Restoration done it DFW 1999. Texas/OK/NM car. 73000 miles. Color is Pollux Orange. Interested or are you stuck on mustard yellow? $29000
Hi Dave

Thanks for your message. Really looking for something in the mustard yellow for now, but may consider others colors (and do a repaint) if I can'tr find one here over the coming months

Willing to deal, send PM if this interests you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom