Wanted Nationwide: Want To Buy Mustard FJ40/BJ40/BJ42/FJ43 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have dreamed of owning a mustard-colored Land Cruiser since seeing my first one at the age of 14. I am finally in a financial position to be able to afford one and want to start my search.

Preference for late-model ('80 or newer) FJ40/BJ40/BJ42/FJ43 in mustard yellow. May also consider older years (pre '80), but want mustard yellow color. Preference for matching numbers, as well as one that was originally mustard. If BJ40 or BJ42, preference for left-hand drive. Don't have to be fully restored (although open to that), but would prefer something that is currently operable and isn't a complete bucket. But beggars can't be choosers, so let me know what you have.

Based in Utah, but willing to travel nationwide for the right rig.

Budget based on age, condition, amount (or lack thereof) of rust, etc.

Let me know what you have and let's see if we can make a deal

76’, really amazing rig and available soon.
4667367F-7B7B-46A7-97A1-A063149E22EF.jpeg
2DD894BB-3003-49F0-AC56-4032476225B9.jpeg
F8991F20-83BF-4013-A919-FCD8F21C3AD8.jpeg
0D37C1EC-F9D0-48C8-BC8A-452E554F634C.jpeg

I have a 1980 FJ40, originally mustard yellow. Caveat is that the former owner painted it olive brown. The engine bay is still mustard yellow, and my intention has been to take it back to mustard. I’ve been putting all my money into it to get it more mechanically sound. I’ve done a number of things

transfer case rebuild,
Transmission reseal (both of those by Georg @ Valkey Hybrids), Rebuilt carb by Marks off-road,
New clutch, new rear main seal. Rebuilt knuckles, new main master cylinder, new breaks all around, new parking breaks, etc,. brand new KM2’s with less than 100 miles on them. No one leak on it. I’m not sure if this is something you are interested in but more than happy to entertain offers. I can tell you more if you are interested. BTW, I’m in Murray, UT.

I tried PM’ing you, but your mailbox is full . Pm if you want to know more @justinallenking

Last edited:
I have a 1980 FJ40, originally mustard yellow. Caveat is that the former owner painted it olive brown. The engine bay is still mustard yellow, and my intention has been to take it back to mustard. I’ve been putting all my money into it to get it more mechanically sound. I’ve done a number of things

transfer case rebuild,
Transmission reseal (both of those by Georg @ Valkey Hybrids), Rebuilt carb by Marks off-road,
New clutch, new rear main seal. Rebuilt knuckles, new main master cylinder, new breaks all around, new parking breaks, etc,. brand new KM2’s with less than 100 miles on them. No one leak on it. I’m not sure if this is something you are interested in but more than happy to entertain offers. I can tell you more if you are interested. BTW, I’m in Murray, UT.

I tried PM’ing you, but your mailbox is full . Pm if you want to know more @justinallenking
Is this still available?

I have dreamed of owning a mustard-colored Land Cruiser since seeing my first one at the age of 14. I am finally in a financial position to be able to afford one and want to start my search.

Preference for late-model ('80 or newer) FJ40/BJ40/BJ42/FJ43 in mustard yellow. May also consider older years (pre '80), but want mustard yellow color. Preference for matching numbers, as well as one that was originally mustard. If BJ40 or BJ42, preference for left-hand drive. Don't have to be fully restored (although open to that), but would prefer something that is currently operable and isn't a complete bucket. But beggars can't be choosers, so let me know what you have.

I have a ye;;ow mustard 1975 original 130k miles no rust was a factory soft top if your still looking....

I’ll be posting my Land Cruiser at the end of the week. I’m just North of you in God’s Country (Idaho).

6F26EAA0-7243-47EA-B7FD-596A3BDE50D7.jpeg

1C15781B-1BDB-4AF6-9B81-BFD5A41EA271.jpeg

1FF3CC8F-8280-463C-B46F-4ECD5BFE0AAB.jpeg

Hey Justin - I’m seeing this thread for the first time. Did you ever find a mustard yellow 40? I have one in showroom condition that I might consider selling if you’re still interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom