Wanted Nation Wide: Looking for a 06-07 LX470, I am paying a finder's fee reward for your help, Attention wholesalers/dealers too (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Hello, I am looking for a 06-07 Lx470 nationwide and I am paying a finder's fee reward for your help

so if you're a dealer or wholesaler or have connections listen up !

below is a list of my must haves and what i prefer

here are the must haves for me
under 110k miles
no accidents / clean carfax / must have all original vin stickers/ no paint work in the lexus service history / clean auto check
zero rust

what i prefer, but is not a deal breaker
black exterior/gray interior (is the combo i really want)

Budget is open and paying cash

Please help me out !

Hate to be the bearer of bad news - but I'm pretty sure a dealer or a wholesaler doesn't care about your "finders fee" when they are already listing for well over market and easily selling these in their local markets. You will probably need to disclose your fee, and it will probably need to be fairly substantial to get them to bite.

Otherwise you will probably just have to get in line and hope to get lucky like the rest of us.

Hello, I am looking for a 06-07 Lx470 nationwide and I am paying a finder's fee reward for your help

so if you're a dealer or wholesaler or have connections listen up !

below is a list of my must haves and what i prefer

here are the must haves for me
under 110k miles
no accidents / clean carfax / must have all original vin stickers/ no paint work in the lexus service history / clean auto check
zero rust

what i prefer, but is not a deal breaker
black exterior/gray interior (is the combo i really want)

Budget is open and paying cash

Please help me out !

there is one on eBaythat matches your requirements exactly.

What finders fee did I just earn?

there is one on eBaythat matches your requirements exactly.

What finders fee did I just earn?

hey i offered that guy full price, but i found out that car was hit and the front end was destroyed neither of the fenders have vin stickers and the front does not have stickers on the frame, radiator. etc but that one would have been it ! i was so excited . and the seller was lying about it not being hit when he knows it damn well was. but i understand he just wants to make another sale. and it had a clean carfax too, so it was hit on the low.. but that's the problem with finding these trucks there all beat to hell and there's no damn inventory ! but thanks for looking out for me .

Hate to be the bearer of bad news - but I'm pretty sure a dealer or a wholesaler doesn't care about your "finders fee" when they are already listing for well over market and easily selling these in their local markets. You will probably need to disclose your fee, and it will probably need to be fairly substantial to get them to bite.

Otherwise you will probably just have to get in line and hope to get lucky like the rest of us.

hey i'm willing to pay a finder's fee plus the market value for the dealer or wholesaler ! but there's just no damn inventory ! even nationwide ! and there's nothing that drives like it, i've tried other toyota and lexus suv's and the lx470 drives better, smoother, and softer than the newer lx570. it's just a unique feeling like driving a rolls royce in my opinion.

Don't limit your search to low mileage, mine has 210K miles and it drives like new, look like new, and will continue to be that way as long as i own it.

Probably not your first pick given the location but I saw this on Manheim today and see that it's listed retail too. I have zero affiliation and on my own hunt for a 100 Used 2006 Lexus LX 470 Sport Utility for Sale in ELIZABETH NJ 07202 A & B Auto Group

hey thanks for contributing to the search bro ! I don't want to sound like a "know it all" but I have the details on this truck too ! it's been hit and has extensive rust... so the accident plus the rust is a deal breaker for me, the rust is so bad that even the wheel bearings and discs are corroded. they've had it up for months and cannot sell it so they have given up and it's going to the auction. and for me location does not matter, because i would be flying there and have it shipped back home anyways. I wouldn't want to put any unnecessary miles on it.

hey thanks for contributing to the search bro ! I don't want to sound like a "know it all" but I have the details on this truck too ! it's been hit and has extensive rust... so the accident plus the rust is a deal breaker for me, the rust is so bad that even the wheel bearings and discs are corroded. they've had it up for months and cannot sell it so they have given up and it's going to the auction. and for me location does not matter, because i would be flying there and have it shipped back home anyways. I wouldn't want to put any unnecessary miles on it.
When a low mileage 100 is on Manheim, you probably wanna run not walk away!! Sounds like you were already well aware of this one and stayed away. I was doing my normal creeping on Manheim and remember seeing your post so I thought I would share for context. There is another black 06 on there and it looks scary too. Hope you find your rig!!

Just some feedback on the search so far... from my point of view ...

It seems like the 06 and 07 models are highly desirable and the one everybody wants those. It seems like there's a ton of 03 and 04's but no 06+ which doesn't make any sense since they are newer, you figure there would be a lot more on the road. also it I've noticed the type of buyer that is looking for these is very knowledgeable on the models and knows what they want and are somewhat either sophisticated and/or has money to buy a 20k or 30k car cash.

I also have noticed if a car is sitting for sale for over 3-4 days or over a week it's because something is wrong with it and everyone is passing up on it. the good ones are sold it a matter of days, and even hours I've seen but certainly in less than a week and they never make it past a Saturday and of course I'm referring to 06 plus models that are clean with no issues. For me after I drove several lx470's it's just a special car that drives like a rolls royce, very quiet and smooth. That's what did it for me and a lot of folks wont understand this, but I actually don;t mind paying over market or a little extra because I understand supply and demand and there just no damn inventory out there.

On top of that these cars are known to get exported to 3rd world countries too, which further dwindles the USA inventory. So I'm just going to continue to be patient and wait for one. Also the resell on these things are great, you have a chance of buying one of these and either making money or breaking even depending on how much miles you put on them, hence another reason why I don;t mind overpaying. The real enthusiast will appreciate the value, and will know the worth of these vehicles. and as far as the search, I have two vehicles right now that I can drive and one has 29k miles with a dead battery because I barely drive it, so I can wait months to find one. Please help me out if you do see one out there.

Thanks Andre

Cannot believe that I'm responding to this thread, but here it goes....

There aren't a lot of late 100's available because they didn't sell. The platform was ancient at that point. And very expensive. 2006/7 were the lowest selling years for both the LC and LX.

Shouting about a FINDERS FEE!!11!1!11 doesn't mean squat. Offer specifics. How much? How are you going to pay it? What are the conditions?

Otherwise, get in line... there are probably at least a hundred swinging D's looking for the same thing as you.

Hey Andre,

I’d say your analysis is pretty accurate.

It’s worth remembering that MSRP for the ‘06 LC was about $56,000 and the LX was between $58,000 - $67,000. That was only 14 years ago.

Cannot believe that I'm responding to this thread, but here it goes....

There aren't a lot of late 100's available because they didn't sell. The platform was ancient at that point. And very expensive. 2006/7 were the lowest selling years for both the LC and LX.

Shouting about a FINDERS FEE!!11!1!11 doesn't mean squat. Offer specifics. How much? How are you going to pay it? What are the conditions?

Otherwise, get in line... there are probably at least a hundred swinging D's looking for the same thing as you.

thanks for your honesty bro, i appreciate it

FYI how i got mine was set up an alert on cargurus for specific year make and model, when one popped up, i got an email notification, i called and placed a deposit right away, i flew down to Atlanta to buy mine and drove it back home to DC. No regrets, worth every penny

FYI how i got mine was set up an alert on cargurus for specific year make and model, when one popped up, i got an email notification, i called and placed a deposit right away, i flew down to Atlanta to buy mine and drove it back home to DC. No regrets, worth every penny

yes bro, that's exactly how i feel, it's worth every penny for these cars and just a fyi about the Atlanta used car market, In my opinion we have the highest mileage vehicles of anywhere in the nation, I believe you can buy a car in any other state bring back to ATL, do nothing to it and sell it for profit. All these cars are beat to hell with extremely high mileage. I know you mentioned car gurus, I think you might enjoy my next post because I'm going to share the details on my search part 2.

hello again my friends,

I just wanted to share the details on how I go about my search, and I think you guys will get a good laugh ....

So every night I will search all of the sites, cargurus ,autotrader, cars , carfax, and then for facebook market place I search all the major cities and craigslist too.

The problem is I notice only 1 per week on average seems to pop up and I'm referring to an 06 plus model because they upload quite a few 05 and below models everyday. If i was looking for one of those my search would have ended pretty quickly. Hell at this point I'm think about letting someone do that search every night, maybe one of my nieces and giving her a couple bucks lol as I don't have any kids because it's just so discouraging and seems like a waste of time.

And every night I look at the same old inventory and I don;t want to get too deep but psychologically when we as humans go car shopping we are used to going to a car dealership and seeing a sea of cars and a salesman jumping all over us and for the first time it's the other way around with no inventory. It seems weird and as far as having patience, i think patience in this case will pay off, but i think that looking at the same old as inventory every night makes you think why not just give up and get an 04 with low mileage or get and 06 with rust or bad carfax, it makes you want to settle for what ever is available at the moment.

So moving forward I think i'm going to outsource the search and live my life and when the ones pops up ill jump on it, because looking at the same thing every night is driving me nuts.

but i will confess to you guys what hurts me the most, when I first started my search, which was a while back, That very first week they posted two 07 models one with only 72k and the other had 78k one in florida and the othee in texas both clean carfax no accidents and cheap price because they were both private sellers and they did not know what they were sitting on. Well the one in florida sold in 4 days and the one in texas sold in 6 days on a saturday. the reason I did not pull the trigger on neither of these is because I thought that there would be a lot more available and that I could find better ones and looking back now I was not aware of the rareness of these cars.

The last thing that I will share with you guys is this, One major advantage that I have, is that I noticed alot of folks have to wait until the weekend to see a car, but I could take of anytime to make a deal happen. I could have beat those two other buyers if I wanted to, because they had to wait until the weekend to come see it and do the deal. But again I did not know the market of these cars when I first started my search.

Just wanted to share my thoughts....

Lolz. Note to self, if you really want to get people fired up, offer a "finder's fee". I think it's a great idea. You either pay in time (e.g. constantly monitoring for the 3-5 gems that show up every year), or outsource that through a finder's fee. Best of luck @thespur1 !!

I would heavily consider this if I were you.

Half the fun is the hunt. When you find that "Unicorn" it's one of the best feelings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom