Nashville, TN Mechanic

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by tenncrusher, Jul 19, 2005.

1. tenncrusher

tenncrusher

I need a good mechanic in Nashville who knows cruisers....need my birfs serviced as well as a few other items......have not done anything but change the oil in quite awhile......

2. Grouseman

Grouseman

Tenncrusher,

If you find a good one, let me know. I reside in Nashvegas myself.

Grouseman

3. Clutchee

Clutchee I'm fun sized! SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    You all should get a hold of Tracy @ Toyota on Gallatin Rd.
    Toyota tech, does alot of work on the side. Tell him the old service writer from Lexus sent you. Good Luck!

4. clownmidget

clownmidget

You can also check the Southeastern TLCA website. I lived in Nashville and had Tim (can't remember his last name) who was the current STLCA president do some of the more intense work on my 60. He was living somewhere on the west side.

5. ROCKCLMBR 7

ROCKCLMBR 7

Re: tennessee mechanic

Hi,
    I,m new to the ih8mud forum, but have been reading it for awhile now.
    Just read your post for an 80 mechanic in nashville. I'm in memphis and work at a local bmw/toyota fab shop part time. I own a few cruisers and minis, as well as a local group of lc enthusiasts that i run and work with. I have alot of experience working with lc's especially 60's and 80's so if you are willing to get your rig to memphis I would be glad to get the birf/front axle service done for you at my cost for parts and a few bucks for grease, etc. I know how difficult it is to find people that will work on lc's that have experience with their unique nature and sometimes goofy quirks/engineering so thats why I try to help people whenever I can, to get the job done right the FIRST time.
    If you decide to come to memphis let me know and we can set up a time to get your rig rollin' right again.Email: matthew87928@yahoo. com.
    CHEERS AND GOOD LUCK! :cheers: :cheers:

6. tenncrusher

tenncrusher

Rockclmbr7, my old, blue 1988, FJ- 62 is in Memphis (right off Poplar Avenue) Chattanooga Dealer sticker on it.....as to clownmidget, Tim Guthrie is "Tim". He is one of the best mechanics I have ever seen, but I had lost contact with him. He does excellent work....got his start on Jags and RR, I believe. He has done a lot of work for me over the years, but had heard he was not meching anymore. Do you have his number?

Maybe the tech at Rivergate might be a good option if Tim is not available.

7. clownmidget

clownmidget

Tenncrusher, I moved from Nashville to SoCal in the fall of 2002. Sold my 60 to David Twombley down in Collegedale and kept the 80. That was just about the last time I talked to Tim. I bumped into some STLCA members in Moab in 2004 and they all knew Tim so I just assumed he was still active there. Sorry I couldn't be more help and good luck.
    Mike

8. ROCKCLMBR 7

ROCKCLMBR 7

mechanic

still here if you need your birfs serviced, and i think i have seen your old 62 runnin' around here, not many clean blue ones around anymore here in memphis. just got back from the cruiser crawl in greyrock. what a blast and the cottonland cruiser guys really know how to have a good time. many thanks!!! :cheers:

9. Kaderabek

Kaderabek SILVER Star

Tim's in Pegram.

TJK

10. QuietMike

QuietMike

I'm in Nashville too, but I recently sucked it up and drove down to Atlanta to David Dearborn's shop. Of course, he did a great job with the few things I needed. I still plan to use David for the big ticket items, but since gas has gotten so expensive I'm looking for someone in Nashville for the smaller things. I didn't calculate it, but mileage going over Monteagle can't be good (not that it's that good to begin with). Perhaps someone could talk Tim into coming out of retirement...

11. 91TB78

91TB78

Sorry to revive an old thread, but looking for Tim Guthrie. I'm outside of Nashville and looking for a excellent mechanic to install front and rear lockers and gears in my 100 series

12. spdwaver1

spdwaver1

Media:
    Albums:
    "Revive" is when it is mostly dead; you done dug up the corpse.

N919HJ likes this.
  13. Clutchee

Clutchee I'm fun sized! SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Look up in Columbia TN, TLC automotive.

Ask for Barry! Long time Toyota mechanic went out on his own and does amazing work. In past when I lived there he was cruiser guy and good friend.

Tell him clutched said hi!

UltraFJ40 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.