For Sale Nashville, TN: 1986 FJ60 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Color
rgb(0, 21, 255)
Outside Link
https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/d/brentwood-1986-toyota-land-cruiser-fj60/7126800042.html
Hey all- for sale is my 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60. Runs and drives great. Really clean with little to no rust. Sad to let it go but it's not my daily driver and I need to buy a new family vehicle.

I bought this a couple of years ago thinking I would have more time (and money) to work on it and do some upgrades but life got in the way, and as I'm pretty green with mechanical skills, anything I do takes way longer than it might for someone who knows what they're doing. As such, I end up paying others to do it which is....expensive to say the least. That and the fact we have a baby on the way means I need to get something a little more "safe" and practical.

- 200k miles
- Original 2F engine
- Original 4 speed manual transmission
- Top end rebuild performed ~1 year ago
- Replaced radiator and hoses ~1 month ago
- Original interior seat upholstery
- Garage kept and driven mainly on the weekends, never been off-road since I've owned it
- Cold AC, hot heat works great
- Starts right up - takes a couple turns if it hasn't been driven in a while
- Tires have plenty of life in them

Extras that will go with the buyer:
- OEM drivers seat upholstery
- New grey carpet from Factory Interiors
- Have the rear passenger Land Cruiser emblem, just don't have the clips

$15k OBO

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

Looks like a great deal. I am glad you are not closer!

Hey guys - one thing:

The pic of the engine bay doesn't show the new radiator cause I took it before it got replaced. I'll post a new shot this afternoon.

Happy to post any specific pics anyone wants to see as well, just let me know. Also check out the CL listing.

Thanks!

My favorite color, not too far away, but just the wrong timing! Good luck with sale. Wish I could pull the trigger. Want a 82 FJ40 in partial trade?

My favorite color, not too far away, but just the wrong timing! Good luck with sale. Wish I could pull the trigger. Want a 82 FJ40 in partial trade?
Bummer! Although it's tempting....unfortunately not interested in trades at this time (I should have mentioned that in the original post, sorry).

Heard the engine blew on way home.....glad I passed.

Hey guys - the buyer and I have been in communication daily since the purchase. He said it’s the head gasket. Super unfortunate and I would have priced differently had I known there were problems. That being said I sent funds back to him to keep my conscience clear on it - I would hate it if that happened to me (which it did, hence the top end rebuild as noted in the listing). Anyway, hope that clears things up.

Hey guys - the buyer and I have been in communication daily since the purchase. He said it’s the head gasket. Super unfortunate and I would have priced differently had I known there were problems. That being said I sent funds back to him to keep my conscience clear on it - I would hate it if that happened to me (which it did, hence the top end rebuild as noted in the listing). Anyway, hope that clears things up.

you did the right thing,that was nice of you on your end,not many people like that,some would say sold now your problem,I’ve seen that before. I actually bought a car last year and the car ended up having a parasitic draw that was killing the battery every 2-3 days,I contacted the previous owner and he played dumb? Theres no way he didn’t know the car had a parasitic draw,I was wondering why he put in a brand new battery in right before I picked it up...long story short...you’re a good person For that.

Wow! So what is the postscript? Did you repair the head gaskets and did you solve why they blew in the first place? I hope the head didn't warp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom