Nashville LC Shop? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I like to turn my own wrenches by and large but sometimes I don’t have time or it’s real cold outside.

Are there any good LC shops in the Nashville area?

Thanks,

Robert

Asked that same question years ago and the answer is no, go to Columbia, if I recall correctly. I've been trying to find others that would help me with some wrench turning here local but that hasn't worked out either. Good luck.

I thought as much. I was hoping there was someone under the radar. Maybe we need to start a shop.

Find a space, get a lift and start working. Only every 5th weekend of course.

I’m in. I just picked up A BJ70 and it’s very different from the FJ40 I had previously. Would love to spend some time with someone that does t mind me helping while learning.

Since this got bumped, I have been taking our stuff to Albert at Mill Creek Automotive in Nolensville. I wouldn't say he is ACC or anything and he doesn't necessarily specialize, but he is a cruiser guyguy. He has hosted an Expo event at his shop and he owns a 92 FJ80 and his lead mechanic has a built 40. He's good people and always has some cool st!t in the shop. He has a Pantera he is rebuilding the motor on last time I was in there, s2000, old Broncos, etc.

If you check him out, tell him I sent you.

Also, I'm down for wrenching if I have some time.

Thanks man, I’ll go check him out. I just rolled over 100k and am thinking about replacing the starter and maybe the water pump as a pm.

This sounds promising. I'm bumping up against 300k on my 80 and have plenty of deferred maintenance I need to address. Not a DD and not much off road history but want to keep it running for foul weather use and backup to my primary. Thought about selling it a year or so ago and buying a Cayenne to play with, but fortunately that feeling passed. Plan to put some new leather in the front, change the carpet/pads (smells awful inside), and add some tech bells and whistles (backup camera/bluetooth/steering wheel controls/android/etc).

Short list of things I’d like to do:

Rear armor - Slee bumper
Extra fuel tank -24 gallons
Rear locker - most likely Harrop e-locker

Last edited:
Mine could stand some rear up-armor as well. Backed into a tree stump several years ago on the corner and did a boatload of damage (tailight assembly destroyed, sheet metal corner pushed way in, plastic bumper and mudflap mangled). I was amazed at the damage, not realizing there was absolutely no protection beneath those corner plastic pieces wrongfully labeled as bumpers.

Myself and a few others have tossed around the idea for a couple of years about starting a cruiser shop here in Music City. The demand is here for sure, but we all have full time day jobs and our mechanic skills are more like those found in the bush! Not something you could comfortably charge an hourly rate for.

Now ... if we had a few good dedicated mechanics with the passion and drive for all things Toyota, that would be a different story. I think a first class Land Cruiser shop here in middle Tennessee would be a raging success

So we need:

1) A location
2) shop equipment
3) 2-3 Toyota mechanics
4) a small truck load of money.

I think it’s doable. What do we need from an equipment standpoint?

Would it be reasonable to have multiple guys rent a shop and run it like a co-op? A couple of bays and a lift or two?

It could present some logistical issues but we could figure those out.

Every military base I was stationed at had an auto hobby shop. Plenty of wrench heads hanging out to help (or show off).
Too bad there is not a civilian version of this concept.
How many mudders here have money to invest in such a thing?
Anybody?

Idk, but I am about to attempt to clean and reseal my roof gutters on my FJ62... These torrential rains have revealed the need... If anyone wants to join...

I have zero experience and no tools, but I bring an eager learner's spirit.

;)

Good luck. I got lucky after reading up a little bit here and elsewhere, found an acorn sitting on the mouth of one of the drain lines. The passenger front floor was getting soaked after every rain. High and dry now. Just smells awful. Need to pull out the carpet and pad I guess.

Idk, but I am about to attempt to clean and reseal my roof gutters on my FJ62... These torrential rains have revealed the need... If anyone wants to join...

I have zero experience and no tools, but I bring an eager learner's spirit.

;)

I also have a 62... hit me up, man!

Joel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom