Trade Nashville: 1973 fj40 for fj80/fzj80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(191, 181, 147)
Hey mud!

I have owned a lot of cruisers over the years, and have been working on this 1973 fj40 for about 8 months. It is still not road worthy but has some decent bones and a really cool original patina on the exterior. I call her "Tina". I'm looking to get back into an 80 series, and am actually pretty keen on the early fj80 as well. I will be using the 80 as a trail/fun rig so not looking for a pristine stock truck, more a decent driver that has some trail mods...

Below are the parts and things done to "Tina". I have a clean TN title as well. I have about $12K in this truck, but obviously don't intend to be able to get that out of it in trade value. I am only wanting to do an even trade...

-1973 fj40
-Dune beige
-ODO 73,000 miles (not sure if correct, but it's there)
-Rebuilt head/gasket on original 1F. (engine runs...!)
-original 3 speed/transfer case, shifts fine
-HEI distributor
-Weber carb (34/36)
-Alternator
-Water pump
-Thermostat
-Clutch master/slave
-3 speed clutch kit
-Brake master
-Brake booster
-New rear hard lines
-Belts, hoses
-Gear reduction starter
-Brand new 33's (Maxxis Razr MT, 33x10.5x15)
-late model 40/60 series wheels
-HFS front bumper (8274 model)
-Rear bumperettes
-2" suspension springs (front and rear) sitting in garage
-Best top front seats (not installed)
-OEM seat risers (not installed)
-Front turn signals
-Front headlights
-Rear turn signals

The bad:

-no top, only a bikini top
-Tub is very solid overall, surprisingly, including a very solid rear sill, but has a bit of rust under the gas tank, tiny bit in rear quarter, near kick vent, and in driver floorboard
-Frame has surface rust (AL rig), but nothing crazy
-Truck was sitting for a long time, just for you to know.
-Steering, front axles, birfields, all are untouched, but complete.

All in all this would be a good patina project or trail truck for someone.

Anyway, what's out there and who wants to get into a cool little rig?

I have a bunch of photos of this truck, but they are in HEIC format from my Iphone and I can't seem to get them uploaded.

thanks,

Joel

67404916667__985EF5B5-5EA6-42EE-920A-030BE0E54314.jpg
67243259006__25367C2B-7920-49F4-943D-68B74D72C8B6.jpg
67228132180__C0B69442-B819-46F1-8ECF-E7CCF2A6F0E1.jpg

Is there a specific month/date it was built? Maybe on the vin tag?

Really like the 40. Reminds me of my '79. Best of luck (although you may regret losing her).

Really like the 40. Reminds me of my '79. Best of luck (although you may regret losing her).
Thanks, I’ll just keep on wrenching and see where this goes!

I have a e-locked 94 that’s pretty rough. Was a theft recovery and the PO did not have full coverage. Once it was returned to him I bought it from him. Has damage on the roof above the lift gate. It’s not worth what you have in your 40 and I really don’t need a 40. Been sitting on this truck for several years and would sell it if you’re interested in a project 80. If so shoot me a PM and we can connect on it. I don’t have a title but can get a bonded one through the state of TX. Have done this with a handful of other cruisers.

Watching :)

I have owned a couple of 100 series trucks, both were family cars. Very smooth, powerful and solid rigs! Not interested in one, unfortunately.

thanks!
Sure thing. Good luck with the search!

I have an 1995 80 series with a clean interior. Body is straight with no dents that Im aware of. I was actually in the process of painting it flat tan to use as an overlanding truck. I would possibly be interested in a trade. Im in northern AL

UPDATE:

No longer interested in trades or for sale, I have decided to keep this little 40. I have worked too hard on it, and it's now running and driving. Going to keep it as my backroads/backwoods/trail rig

cheers, mud!

I don't know how to delete the thread....

UPDATE:

No longer interested in trades or for sale, I have decided to keep this little 40. I have worked too hard on it, and it's now running and driving. Going to keep it as my backroads/backwoods/trail rig

cheers, mud!

I don't know how to delete the thread....
At the bottom of your post, click Report, and in comments ask the moderator to delete the thread.

Good choice on keeping the 40!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom