Narrow Fender Flares for FJ40 and Best Options to Restore Fenders That Have Been Cut (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m not at all knocking the product put out, they look very nice. I’m just a construction worker, I know the resources available in almost every city.

Really any fab shop that does staircase railings and construction brackets would cut these on their table...but you’d have to do the labor to design and some people just want to buy I totally get that.

Feel free to make some from the pics. I don't have the data. My vendor created that and retains the files.
I'm refreshing an older post to see if there is a current interest in purchasing a set. We need a minimum of 3 people to confirm purchasing a set. Fast Eddy will contact his vendor for current pricing. Metal/labor/shipping prices most likely have gone up since the last group purchase. Fast Eddy will let us know the current cost before placing the order with his vendor.

Last edited:
Any updates to this thread? Looking for a narrow flare to address previously cut fenders but now going back to a 9.50 tire. Thanks for any info!

Any updates to this thread? Looking for a narrow flare to address previously cut fenders but now going back to a 9.50 tire. Thanks for any info!

Me too... Ya know...we cut all of our winch mounts in a laser, use cnc brakes and have a couple of robotic welders...sooo...if I had some CAD files.

Do these patch piece have a rolled edge like factory wheel wells? It's easy to create a flange on a straight edge on a break. Not sure how you could on a fender well opening besides stamping them out.

If you don't mind a bit of welding and tin-bashing, it's not a bad project to mimic those JDM-spec 1-2" flares:

flare.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom