Nara Trial Mountain Japan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wow, where do I even start this story? I have some video on YouTube of my FJ80. I run into this guy on YouTube from Japan that has an 80 very similar to mine, right down to the Line-X on the flares. We start emailing back and forth and sharing videos.

Next thing I know I find myself in Japan due to my job. I manage to meet up with this guy and he takes me off roading in Japan! By far the best day I've had in Japan yet! What a blast!

Some rough video from my day

YouTube - Nara Trial Mountain 1

And a video my new Japanese friend put together. Very nice.

YouTube - ?????Landcruiser 80 1HD-T Nara trial mountain part1

Wow, where do I even start this story? I have some video on YouTube of my FJ80. I run into this guy on YouTube from Japan that has an 80 very similar to mine, right down to the Line-X on the flares. We start emailing back and forth and sharing videos.

Next thing I know I find myself in Japan due to my job. I manage to meet up with this guy and he takes me off roading in Japan! By far the best day I've had in Japan yet! What a blast!

Some rough video from my day

YouTube - Nara Trial Mountain 1

And a video my new Japanese friend put together. Very nice.

YouTube - ?????Landcruiser 80 1HD-T Nara trial mountain part1

any pics??

But of course!

All 300 of them are here Nagoya 1 March 2009 - a set on Flickr

And a few highlights

3320369126_ab9efdbdc9.jpg

3319559439_395d2dc6b3.jpg

3319579945_a81b931104.jpg

3320584156_56e5502f23.jpg

3319830561_dfddabc39d.jpg

That's pretty cool.
I remember reading that jeeps over there have an almost cult following kinda like land cruisers over here. But the one thing I found funny was that a common axle swap is fzj80 axles under the wranglers because of how common parts are for them.
I like my cruiser because it's different over here. Over there i'd have to have a jeep also to be different. But i'd still get a diesel cruiser.

Now that is awsome! Makes me want to go back to Japan.

There were a handful of jeeps out there that day. I'll dig up some pics. I didn't pay close enough attention to notice the axles under them though. Saw quite a few Mitsubushi jeeps. They kinda look like an old Willys, only new...

The 60 with the LXS V8 sounds great, hell, so does the 80's with diesels I presume.

I thought that there were very few places to go wheeling out there. Not true?

You should send a bunch of MUD stickers or other paraphernalia to your buddy... He'll be a hero over there :)

Well, I'm not sure how many places there are to go wheeling here, but this place was pretty cool. He did give me a couple stickers that say Nara Trial Mountain on them. I showed him the IH8MUD sticker in a picture and told him I would send him some.

I've also ordered a few LandCruiser t-shirts from vendors here. My wife is bringing them next week when she comes over. I'll either mail them to him or maybe set up another wheeling day and deliver them personally!

Apparently there is an organized 80 group over here called the "LandCruiser 80 Freaks". He gave me a keychain with that on it...

Well, I'm not sure how many places there are to go wheeling here, but this place was pretty cool. He did give me a couple stickers that say Nara Trial Mountain on them. I showed him the IH8MUD sticker in a picture and told him I would send him some.

I've also ordered a few LandCruiser t-shirts from vendors here. My wife is bringing them next week when she comes over. I'll either mail them to him or maybe set up another wheeling day and deliver them personally!

Apparently there is an organized 80 group over here called the "LandCruiser 80 Freaks". He gave me a keychain with that on it...

Any chance you can get another key chain like that??:hmm:

Any chance you can get another key chain like that??:hmm:

Hmm, have to check and see. I'll see if he can buy more.

Here is the stuff I picked up that weekend and a bigger pic of the key chain. The stickers he gave me. Then a Toyota Lanyard and cell phone bling from the Toyota museum. They love their cell phone bling here in Japan. When I found the FJ80 bling, I had to get it for my phone. Then the key chain he gave me.

3352240167_ebe3fd9c9b.jpg

3352241463_96fb785093.jpg

Cool rigs and playground.

I really dig those hzy73s, gonna own one soon I hope.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom