NAPA Brake Caliper Pricing: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've heard good things about NAPA re-build's and may consider them for my complete brake overhaul project this spring. I called my local NAPA and this is their current pricing:

Front = $59.10/each
Rear = $62.48/each
**Not loaded with pads**

If I can get Toyota castings which the guy @ NAPA ensures I will, this is one hell of a deal. I know a couple guys are running these calipers and I was wondering how they are holding up.

If yours are not too messed up you have the option of the rebuild kit from Toyota. I just did mine and it's super easy. Only special tool is compressed air, old brake pad a piece of rubber the size of the brake pad and a small pick. These tools mentioned are to remove the pistons and once they are out replace the inner seal in caliper and reassemble with new dust seals and clips.

I've heard good things about NAPA re-build's and may consider them for my complete brake overhaul project this spring. I called my local NAPA and this is their current pricing:

Front = $59.10/each
Rear = $62.48/each
**Not loaded with pads**

If I can get Toyota castings which the guy @ NAPA ensures I will, this is one **** of a deal. I know a couple guys are running these calipers and I was wondering how they are holding up.

Buy the Napa rebuilds and keep your stock ones as an extra set. Rebuild yours and keep them in box deep in your garage. 10 years from now post them up for sale and I am sure someone will buy them. :)

I have used NAPA calipers. I am unsure if the actual caliper bodies are OEM, but the related hardware (springs, clips) is definitely not. On mine the pad locator pins are not an exact fit, as they are slightly long and have two sets of holes for the retainer clip. The pins look like they are probably a "one size fits many" for several different applications. The large spring that holds pressure on the pads is also not OEM quality. One of mine was too loose and an end popped loose. I bent the spring to make it fit tighter and so far so good, but I'm sure that would not have been an issue on an OEM caliper. BTW the NAPA calipers were installed on my truck by the Toyota dealer, but that's a long story.

I think rebuilding the OEM calipers is the best route if your calipers are still in decent shape. It's relatively easy.

I decided to buy the Toyota repair kit, I had the calipers sanblasted and i painted them. Look awesome. Worth it to do it yourself if you have the time.

Front = $59.10/each
Rear = $62.48/each
**Not loaded with pads**

If I can get Toyota castings which the guy @ NAPA ensures I will, this is one hell of a deal. I know a couple guys are running these calipers and I was wondering how they are holding up.
Does that price include a core charge? Sometimes that is equal to 50% of the advertised price. John

So I called back again to confirm core charge and pricing once again. Apparently NAPA offers a huge discount for AAA members, compare for yourself.

Front Calipers = $52.20 AAA , 70+ non-AAA
Rear Calipers = $55.35 AAA, 80+ non-AAA

Core = $70/caliper

All they need is a valid card number, they don't care where it comes from. I wonder what kind of savings they offer on grease and tools.

I have considered rebuilding my calipers but considering I have a NE truck (rust-o-rama) and baby #2 on the way I am leaning towards rebuild/new. For 50bucks a pop for calipers I may just invest in pins and springs from toyota and call it a day.

I have considered rebuilding my calipers but considering I have a NE truck (rust-o-rama) and baby #2 on the way I am leaning towards rebuild/new. For 50bucks a pop for calipers I may just invest in pins and springs from toyota and call it a day.

There you go, just keep the OEM hardware and turn the aftermarket stuff back in with your core. win/win

Last summer I installed NAPA reman calipers all around on my '96 LX450, and also their premium black coated rear rotors. I had no issues whatsoever, and the price was most excellent. I used OEM pads and E-brake shoes in the rear, I did not replace pads or rotors up front since they were very good condition. I painted all the calipers black with Duplicolor caliper paint (aerosol) and installed stainless braided hoses. I like my brakes ...

NAPA has a 10% AAA discount for every part they sell, it adds up quickly if you are buying consumables like brake cleaner or high dollar items like brakes.

I was in the NAPA store today to buy another tube of their excellent Sil-Glyde lube for my door seals. I asked my favorite sales guy there if he had any idea what a new-in-box cruise control actuator for a Series 80 went for. He guessed a couple of hundred bucks, and I told him more like $1700 (discounted) and his eyes bugged out. He always finds it hard to accept the price of Cruiser stuff.

So do I ;(

John Davies
Spokane WA

I used to discount NAPA as a competitive auto parts outlet in the past and I don't know if it's just me but their pricing matches or beats most on-line retailers on most parts.

For me it's a good local outlet and I get to save on shipping, considering most Cruiser outlets seem to be out west.

I've been running napa calipers/rotors for a year or so now. No issues. I would recomend that you plan to purchase some yellow-metal brake bleeder valves. The ones that come with the calipers are pretty junky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom