NAPA Birfs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched NAPA Birfield but didnt come up with anything. Anyone have any thoughts since I want stock axles?

I just replaced my birfs from Nitro-Gear. They were a good price and looked like good quality. The clicking I was having is now gone.

Last edited:
I searched NAPA Birfield but didnt come up with anything. Anyone have any thoughts since I want stock axles?
I bought my "Stock replacements" in RCV brand from Slee.

I installed all using kits from Cruiser Outfitters (@cruiseroutfit ) www.cruiserteq.com with Koyo bearings and OEM seals.

Cruiser Outfitters (CruiserTEQ) also carries their brand of Birfs for OEM replacement type.

My truck is a DD. I rebuilt at 225K, currently at 301K.

Make sure you also clean out and drill out the fitting on your differential vents and route a 1/4" ID fuekl hose and fuel filter from the axle housing up into the engine compartment or into the rear fender.

If your truck is a DD, do NOT use Marlin Crawler seals and you don't need Nitro axles.

Call Cruiser Outfitters and have a chat. They are great to help.

You searched Napa for birfs or searched mud for Napa birf info? Did you find Napa birfs and wonder about quality or wondering if they offer them?

I grabbed a set of Terrain tamer birfs and have been pleased. They have about 4 years and 30+k miles so far in mixed used dd/camping/wheeling rig.

IDK - Napa stuff is so hit/miss - and more miss IMO.

IDK their price (Napa), but I’m w/ @BILT4ME - talk to Slee or Kurt, and unless your inner shafts are cut/scored from OE seals, leave the Marlins alone.

And def no need for Nitro unless you’re into high-maint, going 37’s/40’s, and primary use being really a offroader.

Let the experts help you make a good decision for your use, I bent a axle shell (bad driving, poor spotting) - but even basically building a whole new axle I went with just OE birfs & inner shaft seals.

But I also had to buy a short-side shaft as I grenaded the R&P, and the drive cuffs going to the inner shaft splines.
(Was big $$$, a hassle, and sucked)

But I have real ‘Yota birfs that have <15K - and I bought when @cruiserdan was still flat-footin’ it.

Good info. my shafts are scored (300k) and was just going to replace briefs and shafts at the same time. Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom