Name this Dodad and the hose that connects it - Please (Washer Woes!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Folks!

So I had a weak stream... if you know what I mean :p. lol, all seriousness my washer fluid was super weak so today I replaced the pump and the diverter. the front is working fine. Rears on the other hand are not. I noticed a puddle on the driver's side almost right where the quarter panel starts trying to figure out where my leak is a nightmare! well, I noticed that the diverter has a hose going down that leads to the firewall, at the firewall it T's off to this REALLY long hose that was zip-tied together (def doesn't look factory) this long hose ends in this red thingy. I have no idea what this is, I just want my rear washers to work! any help would be appreciated. The washer leak is not occurring inside the truck but I can't seem to find it outside the truck either save for this puddle. Thanks for all the help in advance!

FYI these photos are taken on the driver side tracing the bottom hose of the diverter to the firewall

InkedIMG_7144_LI.jpg

IMG_7147.JPEG

InkedInkedIMG_7144_LI.jpg

Little bit more detail. the red line is the hose coming from the bottom of the diverter to the firewall. you can see both hoses come together at the firewall

Pretty sure that is NOT a hose....and what you have in your hand is the 'peizo chirper' for your alarm system.

hmm that would make a lot of sense why it was zip tied, thanks for the reply :D

Curious if someone has a diagram of the rear washer hose from the firewall so i can figure out where my leak is coming from?

the diverter is new, I did check it though, it is not leaking. the puddle seems to be a little further back than that

Time to take off the interior quarter panel and check the hose for leaks at that point

even though the leak is on the exterior?
A leak on the interior could easily make its it's way outside. I mean, we know for a fact that the hose isn't on the exterior, and that the leak happens when sending fluid to the rear, right?

Ah, Gotchya! if I'm honest, I don't know where this hose really travels through, in my head I just assumed the exterior cause that seemed logical but that makes sense that it would travel through the cabin. is there a guide to getting at the hose behind the quarter panel or am I just gonna have to start removing bits?

You can see some of the rear washer hose by removing the jack storage panel. There is also an inline check valve (usually blue) that may be stuck shut from dis-use.

You can see some of the rear washer hose by removing the jack storage panel. There is also an inline check valve (usually blue) that may be stuck shut from dis-use.
sorry for the noob question, was digging back there didn't really see a check valve anywhere, any clue as to what this thing looks like? a diagram perhaps?

Id like to add as i just remembered that a week or two ago i tried the rear washer (before i replaced the diverter and pump) and some fluid did dribble out of the rear washer at that point. but not since replacing these parts

sorry for the noob question, was digging back there didn't really see a check valve anywhere, any clue as to what this thing looks like? a diagram perhaps?

Id like to add as i just remembered that a week or two ago i tried the rear washer (before i replaced the diverter and pump) and some fluid did dribble out of the rear washer at that point. but not since replacing these parts

Be sure the fluid nozzle is clear at the back glass. Sometimes its necessary to take a small drill bit or piece of wire to clean the discharge holes.

Be sure the fluid nozzle is clear at the back glass. Sometimes its necessary to take a small drill bit or piece of wire to clean the discharge holes.
Sweet Mary! you were right! I got one of the nozzles to start spraying after I stuck a drill bit up in there. I cant get the other one to spray but hey! It's at least a start! thank you!

Sweet Mary! you were right! I got one of the nozzles to start spraying after I stuck a drill bit up in there. I cant get the other one to spray but hey! It's at least a start! thank you!

^^^^^

Well good.

Now I get to go tell my Wife. She doesn't think I'm EVER 'right' about anything. ;)

But seriously....the credit goes to YOU....for staying after it. Good job.

Flint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom