Name that Part! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

aggiecruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
I cannot figure out where this part goes, or what its function is.

I picked up my tub from metalrehab after having it chemically dipped. They did a great job. In the priming phase, they needed to remove this part supposedly, that prevented them access to a couple of areas for priming. Unfortunatll, when I picked the tub up, the guy who removed the part was not their on site, so I could not ask him to show me where the part came from or how it installed.

I am starting to wonder if this part really came with the tub. My tub is a 1/1979 tub.

Any ideas from the guys with all the tribal knowledge?

Thanks,
Chris
DSC01314, resized.JPG
DSC01315, resized.JPG
DSC01316, resized.JPG

Looks like a splash guard that mounts under the fenders in the engine bay to keep mud from splashing up on to the engine. I don't have pics and it's raining/snowing like a bitch right now so I really don't want to try. I think I've seen this brought up here before.

I believe it may be a heat shield that bolts to the firewall/tranny tunnel behind the motor on the drivers side. It is basiclly on the oposite side of your gas pedal. There should have been some insulation inside, which is what was used to prevent the heat distribution.

I believe it may be a heat shield that bolts to the firewall/tranny tunnel behind the motor on the drivers side. It is basiclly on the oposite side of your gas pedal. There should have been some insulation inside, which is what was used to prevent the heat distribution.

DING DING DING!!

Hey I was close!

You guys rock. Thanks for the help, as always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom