Name that hose?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can some one tell me what this hose goes to? Part number etc.

2F770979-93F5-4F54-B3A2-8DE8B5EFE614.jpeg

Try this:

I think that is the water supply line to the rear heater. One end connects to the rear heater port on the riser that comes off the head, and the other to a pipe that is mounted along the firewall. In the post linked above that hose is shown as a short section of straight hose. It looks like the port on the riser is not pointing back to the firewall but pointing up. I'm not sure what your pipe is doing. I think because of the orientation of the hard parts, the stock hose won't work. If you can afford the down time, remove the hose and go to your local auto parts store and find a hose that has a similar shape...you may need to cut to length.

1627500899358.png

Another option would be to get rid of the rear heater all together. @ToyotaMatt has the "joint" for models W/O rear heater, I think. But your would also have to source a new hose for the front heater return. The items highlighted in green you would need to source for the W/O rear heater option and the stuff highlighted in yellow you wouldn't need:

1627509166701.png

1627508714769.png

Do you have the Hose also or just the Unions?

all you use is a STRAIGHT piece of Silicon heater hose , I DO have some in stock for you no problem ............. :)

How much coolant am I going to lose when taking off that hose. Also replacing the temp sensor.

Right side hook shaped is the old hose. Left one straight one is the new from Toyota. Am I missing something

DC8D08AF-7878-4357-8F66-5673BFAE7F8A.jpeg

read my post #3. the joint pipe #2 on your vehicle is not oriented properly (the way it came from the factory). Factory orientation has the joint pipe #2 pointing back towards the firewall so a straight hose would work. Your joint pipe #2 is pointing up.

Take the hose you took off to the auto parts store and find one that matches.

Right side hook shaped is the old hose. Left one straight one is the new from Toyota. Am I missing something

This is just re-iterating what 2mbb has said, but look in the diagram above with the green and yellow highlights. Joint #87205 in YELLOW is normally oriented so that the dog leg points towards the firewall - hence the straight Toyota hose.

Your dogleg is pointing up, which is why you had a bent hose on there. If you don't want to mess with the joint, you can get another bent hose that matches your old one. You may have to get one with longer legs and cut to fit.

Or, you can re-orient your joint and use your new hose. But something tells me it's not going to turn much more without a fight.

You're gonna lose about a half gallon(?) of coolant... up to you whether you want to drain it ahead of time or let it make a big old mess all over your manifold. I have done it both ways.

Got it all hooked up! Was able to turn that joint horizontally. So the hose I got from Toyota worked. The hose clamp against the fire wall was tricky. While I was there I changed the temp. Sensor. Mine would have the common issue of spiking. Not sure if I’m general it’s the sensor or the gauge itself. Really like the speed hit idea. We will see. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom