Name my Golden

So, with all this talk lately about dogs that have to be put to sleep, lets turn the table. I put a deposit on and just met my first dog (at 3.5 weeks), a female golden retreiver. We had pick of the litter, and so we picked the lightest female. Anyways, I choose the fact I wanted a golden over a lab, and the wife choose female over male (even though the dog will come with me to work everyday!). We pick her up June 18th.

So, here are the names my wife has come up with so far.

Bella, Bailey, Paddy, Bonnie, Penny, Allie, Sam/Sammy, Lola, Maddie, Ellie

I am the biggest fan of Sam myself, the wife and her friends came up with the rest.

So with that, help me out here, I need to recommend some names because the wife says if I don't like any of hers, I have to come up with my own.

Whatever we come up with, I will probably create a poll with the ones my wife and I can agree on.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
SILVER Star

I like Penny. Wife had a toy poodle named Penny when we got married.

NorCalDoug said:
Some names...
Hilda, Hildie, Gladys, Agnes, Lucy, Vivian, Jezebel, Heidi, Geneveve, Isabel, Bonnie, Serena, Jenny
i vote for Jezebel....totally evil in biblical terms.

weird thing about those names listed...my grandmother's first name was bonnie and her maiden name was isabel......

Landie, Cruisie, Layla (got me on my knees layla...), Princess, Kate/Caitlyn, Deena, Melody...wow are these horrible, ok I'll stop now...

I like to name dogs with old people names. I named my golden Howard.

You should name yours "howards beiotch"

What about Eleanor, Audrey or Gertrude

NorCalDoug

problems solved daily...

patride71 said:
i vote for Jezebel....totally evil in biblical terms.

weird thing about those names listed...my grandmother's first name was bonnie and her maiden name was isabel......
I must've been channelling either you or your grandmother :D

Not that I think you're grandmother is a golden retriever...

NorCalDoug said:
I must've been channelling either you or your grandmother :D

Not that I think you're grandmother is a golden retriever...
well she's dead. maybe she was reincarnated as one.....

maybe she's a nipple yanker now too....as god's rays shine upon her.

what thread is this again?

Greta!
"Mother Nature's come to arms
She's in a fighting mood
Greta's got a gun
This ain't no flowerchild"-WP

Or Bertha>I know Beno's gonna be ticked I stole his suggestion. :flipoff2:

I let destiny name my Chocolate Lab. We picked her up on a full moon, she had a tick in her ear and we were a little crazy to get her. Her registered name is Luna Tick Fringe. My Black lab male is named Slam, guess why. My Black lab female is named Dulce because she is sweet.

How about two names who's initials are FJ? We always end up using the nick names in training so make it a good one.

Sudgestions:

Francis(franny) Jane
Freekin Jughead
Fowling Jedi

Fly Rod (FR for short :D )

NorCalDoug said:
blondie? goldie?

no, not seriously...

Sam's nice, but you'll get lots who'll think she's a male. That'll really confuse the bitch. :D
ha.. that's funny. The nieghbors got another golden not to long ago and let thier kids name it. YELLOW. Too damn funny. They didn't need to tell me the kids named it I knew. We had 2 litters of labs growing up and my bother named all of them blackie something or yellow something. :rolleyes:

I read a great article about naming gun dogs... Basically a dog doesn't deserve a people name and you let the dog esentially name itself by an action or another object from the field. Something like if it sniffed a casing or shell that would be a name. It was pretty cool how his father named dogs and it influenced him. I wish I could find the article. OH.. and it can only be 1-2 syllable. Best I could come up with for mine was Greta. :cheers:

Some good suggestions above. I vote for something original that's not one of these:

Top 30 Female Dog Names

1. MOLLY
2. MAGGIE
3. DAISY
4. LUCY
5. SADIE
6. GINGER
7. CHLOE
8. BAILEY
9. SOPHIE
10. ZOE
11. PRINCESS