N.Y Newbie Intro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been a member of mud for a few weeks and posted a few times, but didn't even think to introduce myself, so here we go.

My name is Rich I live in long island New York, I have had my 1973 fj40 for about a week. My blazer died a couple of days after I paid for the 40, so I have been commuting to work with it about 16 miles each way on the Long Island expressway. I have changed the tires, replaced the fuel lines and filters and an oil change. Everything seems original except the seats, electronic ignition and the carb is out of a nissan (so I am told).
There is a little bit of rust on the floor and on the hinges of the doors and around the gutter edges. I dont have a garage so i am looking into a conopy or a car cover. I would like to stop the rust,but I dont have a garage to take it apart and store it for a resto.
The 40 was registered in Costa Rica in 2009 and shipped to miami and then shipped to the Hamptons where the PO only had it for maybe 6 months.
Here are some pics:

FJpics002.jpg

FJpics005.jpg

FJpics008.jpg

FJpics008.jpg

fj40010.jpg

sweet looking cruiser! turn signals also look to be the newer style (75 and up) front and rear.

welcome to MUD----nice looking rig----"the Hampton's ":princess:

The 40 was registered in Costa Rica in 2009 and shipped to miami and then shipped to the Hamptons where the PO only had it for maybe 6 months.

sweet looking cruiser! turn signals also look to be the newer style (75 and up) front and rear.

Non UsA models change from other countries...its looks factory specs ....congrats nice 40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom