Mystery wiper motor part? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone!
I’m tearing into my early (71) wiper motor to do a rebuild/brush replacement and clean out.

Found this tiny part in the bottom of the case under the main drive gear loose in the grease.

Any idea what it is?

9363E959-670F-45D0-8D9D-DB8605705854.jpeg

5BAB42CA-2C84-475E-B498-7692CDB39FA6.jpeg

I seem to remember bolts about that size to hold the plastic cover on the outside of my ‘74 wiper motor. This cover is over the auto park switch. Does yours have something similar? I don’t remember there being nuts as well… but it’s been a decade or so.

Or it could just be a random part off the POs bench that he spent hours looking for after he had finished refurbishing the wiper motor.

I seem to remember bolts about that size to hold the plastic cover on the outside of my ‘74 wiper motor. This cover is over the auto park switch. Does yours have something similar? I don’t remember there being nuts as well… but it’s been a decade or so.

Or it could just be a random part off the POs bench that he spent hours looking for after he had finished refurbishing the wiper motor.
That could be exactly correct!!! I’ll check when I get home and report

I do have the model with the screw in park switch cover. I checked, and there are actually threaded holes into the body of the motor body that the screws go into. Also, the hole of the mystery nut is smaller than any of the screws on the motor!

I think you’re right and it’s some random part!

Only other thought…

Sometimes the shaft that the wiper attaches to turns on the gear. Did the PO drill it and put a bolt through it? Could the nut have come off?

If not, back to the previous theory… especially given how small it is.

I know exactly what this nut is for. It hold the contact base to the main motor housing. I can probably shoot you a picture. There are two tiny screws that hold the contact assembly to the main motor housing but for some reason only one of them has a nut. Both attach through threaded holes, so they both have use, but only one has this tiny nut.

I know exactly what this nut is for. It hold the contact base to the main motor housing. I can probably shoot you a picture. There are two tiny screws that hold the contact assembly to the main motor housing but for some reason only one of them has a nut. Both attach through threaded holes, so they both have use, but only one has this tiny nut.
Just seeing this. Thank you!!! This would have driven me nuts.
Lol

Let me know if you have a pic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom