Mystery Tail light troubles after O2 sensor replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I just had the O2 sensors replaced in my '94 FZJ80 by the Toyota dealership here in Santa Barbara. Everything seemed fine. I took it to a car wash afterwards and then checked some fuses because my rear center brake light has been out for a while. All the fuses were fine.

But now, I noticed the rear tail lights (not the brake lights) will not turn off unless one of the doors is open (even when the car is running), AND when the car is turned off, the parking brake light comes on when the parking brake is NOT engaged, and goes off when I engage it. The parking brake light works normally when the car is running.

The lights seem to flicker on once I close the door. I tried disconnecting the rear light fuse but to no effect. I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, but that didn't have an affect either. I checked the brake pedal but that seemed to be in working condition. Note that it's the tail lights that are on, not the brake lights.

None of the other running lights come on.

Does anybody know what could have happened?

Did the dealership screw it up somehow? Did messing with the fuses screw it up? The car wash maybe?

Possible its an issue with a loose ground and water from the car wash. If this just happened maybe check things out after it's had a chance to fully dry. A lot of odd electrical issues can usually be traced back to loose grounds or other connections.

I will wait to see if drying out will fix it. I know that the drivers side a pillar leaks a bit but it hasn't been an issue before.

Also an update, I went to check on it and the door ajar light on the dash is just faintly on, along with the green ring around the ignition key hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom