Mystery switch diagnosis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My LX came with a single red power switch.

It's mounted on the center console adjacent to the shifter. Pretty much where the drivers knee is. Not sure if it does anything yet or not.

Any ideas? Truck is all stock, or so it seems.

Best way to find out is by pressing it :)

What year is your LX--I want to say the last one I drove was a 2005 and there was not a switch. Could be a lot of things, but if you're sure there isn't (and wasn't in the past) any equipment added, the mostly likely use (IMO) would be a kill switch.

Sounds like your LX isn't totally stock - if it's a red power button and not the top half of the power/2nd transmission buttons.

Until (and even after, really) you can post a pic, you're going get lots of guesses. Some will be legit, e.g. an amp, aux lights, etc. Some won't be.

It's on the left hand side. Not on top near the 2nd/power buttons.

I'll have to pull it off to see if there is even wife's going to it lol.

For what it's worth, it's been in the off position since I bought the truck.

My guess was aftermarket lights or something for a trailer.

Haven't found anything that would need an on off switch yet though :).

Here's the picture. Sitting it park, the switch seems to do nothing.

image.jpg

Should I try to mess with the NAV while driving? If that works then that would answer that, right?

It doesn't look stock, at least from the angle of the photo you took.
If it is aftermarket, it could be anything including an alarm button.
Just my 2 bits worth.

I can't believe that's stock - I've never seen anything like that. Even the button style is wrong.

No clue what it does, though - I suspect you'll have to pull the console to see what the wires go to...

This switch definitely is not stock. I was saying merely that everything else I can see was stock. I'll continue to look around and wire chase a bit.

It could very well be an FM Modulator if you have a rear DVD entertainment system
Or... It could be the ejection button for the front passenger seat! You do have the sun roof on you model, right?:hillbilly:

well, you could take a chance, try it and hope for the best as in no big explosion. Probably not a bait switch for thieves though if you already tried in Park...! Pity... those are interesting... :D

Let us know what you find out.

Looks a lot like the switch that came with my Bluetooth adaptor. Might try flipping it and seeing if something new is discoverable by your phone.

Aaron, you can pull the center console up pretty easily and follow it. I had something similar in my LC. I reached up behind the lower dash and pulled down the FM transmitter for the aftermarket DVD system.

I'm fairly certain it's not for FM modulation, as my LX has it stock and FM modulation works fine with the switch in off.

I will try the bluetooth today.

Next step is to spark chase. I appreciate all the help!

FM Modulation is not for receiving signals, it turns your AUX audio (from a rear DVD player or phone) into a signal that your FM receiver can interpret and turn into decent quality sound.

Bluetooth would be one of two options, either something like a VAIStech SL3B or a FM modulator with a built in bluetooth receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom