Mystery Kinked Hose 1HDT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up a 91 HDJ81 and had a hard time locating this hose as Im about to do an overhaul on some high wear items before a trip down to Moab. Its located on the hard pipe after the upper rad hose and has an extreme bend that is a bit concerning. I could not locate the part in the parts diagram and was curious to know if anyone had a link on this part. While I'm replacing the upper and lower rad hoses, are there any other hoses I should order while im in the engine compartment that would safeguard me on a long hot desert trip? Will probably end up doing the rear heater bypass as well.

I've circled the hose in question and the area it should be located around in the parts diagram (unless I'm incorrect about the location)

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

Ahh yes you are correct. Part 16284 in the diagram. So dumb how it wasnt located near the components in question. Thank you so much

The thing you have circled is the metal inlet pipe and tstat housing

If you have no history then a PM of the belts and hoses in the engine bay is a good baseline. Also check to see if the turbo oil dump fitting has been replaced with the updated part. The replacement has a bracket attached between the feed and dump pipes, bracing them from cracking, as the early ones did:

This thread has part numbers and pictures.

hth's
gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom