Mystery indicator light socket with no bulb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
In my 62, the housing for the 4WD indicator light has an opening for a second light that's taped off from the factory (also the indicator light window is blank), along with an unused socket for a 194 bulb. It gets its power from the 4WD indicator circuit (yellow wire) but grounds through a green wire with an orange stripe. Obviously it wasn't meant to be used in this truck's stock configuration, so I assumed it would've been the diff lock indicator for non US models. A quick look in my wiring diagram told me that's not the case. Also looked for any leads in the diagram using a gren wire with orange stripe and found nothing So I'm curious, for any of you who have an non US 62 or maybe an HJ61, do you have an indicator light adjacent to your 4WD indicator? I looked into the harness itself and the ground lead is also connected to the larger white connector that connects to the vehicle harness, but no clue where in the vehicle it goes from there.

This maybe answers your question.

Cool!

Huh, that is interesting. I did look at the vehicle harness that the intrument harness connects to and there was no wire leading to that spot from the vehicle, so it looks like the instrument harness is meant for all 12V FJ62s worldwide, but the graphic panel on the front of the indicator housing (and vehicle harness) is what differs. Mine has a graphic for the 4WD, but where the other light would shine through is just opaque black with no graphic at all. Very curious why US models didn't utilize this indicator light, as an overheating cat is bad juju no matter where you are geographically!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom