Mystery Hose ID? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
7F8DADCB-9D3D-40BD-9EBE-3E99116A9829.jpeg
0F90B7AE-3068-40CB-827A-112D9F518C2F.png
Not on parts diagram, dealer unaware of their existence, asking if things were modded. I can see the original cotter pins.

Questions: Are these two hoses present on your FZ, and do you have P/Ns or diameters or know where they’re going?

Locations are off bottom of brass T at PS firewall and off back of metal pipe under HCV on DS firewall.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
My dealer couldn't get those, so I made them.
The second hose, and two straights above and below the heater valve and the angled hose that feeds the second picture's hose I cut from one hose I found at Auto Zone.

Last edited:
Hookay, got another one here. There are two hoses coming off the charcoal canister. The one from the tank is still being made; the other (on the LEFT in this photo) is not. Looks like I could torque one of the from-tank hoses around and use it in the other position as well but--does anyone know of a replacement fuel hose with a close-to-stock fit? And is there any reason it needs to be the same length as the one that's on there now? Thanks!

Canister Hose.jpg

I used 1/4" fuel line, bought a bulk roll off Amazon.
If you follow that left line around the 90 degree bend you'll find a couple of short sections that also need to be replaced "while you're in there". The innermost one is a bitch to get on the clamp, but I found hemostats worked pretty good to reach in there, after struggling with various needle nose pliers. Eventually I ended up pulling the manifold off and changed out the VSV's, that hose is easy to get to when the manifold is tits up on the tail gate. ;)

I used 1/4" fuel line, bought a bulk roll off Amazon.
If you follow that left line around the 90 degree bend you'll find a couple of short sections that also need to be replaced "while you're in there". The innermost one is a bitch to get on the clamp, but I found hemostats worked pretty good to reach in there, after struggling with various needle nose pliers. Eventually I ended up pulling the manifold off and changed out the VSV's, that hose is easy to get to when the manifold is tits up on the tail gate. ;)
Yeah already changed vacuum hoses and check valve on other side. Have valve cover off so I can access from both sides.

Have shorty hose, metal elbow and clamps here but they sent me wrong part for that whatever-it-is that the fuel and vacuum lines plug into under there. (Someone on here called it a “vacuum body manifold.”) Here’s the actual part and what they sent me.

I ASSUME both arrows point to the same part? And it slides out of a clip for replacement?

E07C2607-DCAC-4B62-86A4-501AB1932114.png
ABE9425A-7F77-4B29-A903-860381E588D4.png

Yeah already changed vacuum hoses and check valve on other side. Have valve cover off so I can access from both sides.

Have shorty hose, metal elbow and clamps here but they sent me wrong part for that whatever-it-is that the fuel and vacuum lines plug into under there. (Someone on here called it a “vacuum body manifold.”) Here’s the actual part and what they sent me.

I ASSUME both arrows point to the same part? And it slides out of a clip for replacement?

View attachment 1852770 View attachment 1852771
Got it—I think: Valve vacuum control – 90925–03192. Which is nothing like the part number shown on the official diagram.

if you look at the vacuum layout label under the hood, its the Vacuum Control Valve.
upload_2018-12-12_16-36-15.png

LOL!
Took about two trips to the dealer before I realized that I need to know more then they do before I go in there for parts....cuz they don't know their butt from a hole in the ground when it comes to 80 series trucks.

I'm a total neophyte when it comes to these things, and refer to the FMS and MUD constantly, and I know more than the local dealer.
I guess my expectations where too high.

LOL!
Took about two trips to the dealer before I realized that I need to know more then they do before I go in there for parts....cuz they don't know their butt from a hole in the ground when it comes to 80 series trucks.

I'm a total neophyte when it comes to these things, and refer to the FMS and MUD constantly, and I know more than the local dealer.
I guess my expectations where too high.

Anyone have bulk fuel hose P/Ns for various lengths? Need to replace this and more. Seems to be 5mm ID...

5880D35A-C1B2-4A1F-88FC-659E01435147.jpeg

Believe it or not I have the factory tubes in bags in the back of the truck.
These were some of the first things I purchased, before I knew better. I went into the parts counter not knowing
what I really needed and started poking at drawings and ordering vacuum lines and what not. By the time the order got in I had already replaced half the "special" lines with bulk gas line.
Learned a valuable and expensive lesson.
Unless you "must have OEM", a bulk roll of 1/4" gas line will get you what you want.
25ft of bulk line for the same price as one of the OEM tubes.
And you'll have enough left over to relocate your diff breathers to the top of the fire wall, heck to the top of the roof if you wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom