Mystery Coolant Leak? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been having this coolant leak and I do not know what this piece is called where’s its coming from. Any ideas guys?

F717BF49-6191-41C1-BBFD-82A01D2924A4.jpeg

My guess is the hose is bad...you can see the drip down the pipe. Replace that and if you want to be proactive replace the gasket for the inlet/outlet pipes.

Hose clamp looks like it's letting coolant leak. The hose comes from the heater system. The hardline you see is bolted to the thermostat housing.

Looks like a lot of likely original hoses and clamps that may be a little tired.

cheers,
george.

Thanks for the replies guys, I’m a complete noob when it comes to this so bear with me please. So I’ve noticed that it’s also leaking from the piece that has those two screws at the bottom. Any thoughts? Screws and clamps have gotten loose over time?

See in Orange... basically this hose and/or clamp is bad. Your best bet is to replace both to be safe. You can see the coolant drip down the hard-line. The other items in orange have gaskets which can also be easily replaced. Check with Norwalk Toyota for prices.

Screenshot_20190317-232605_Chrome.jpg

Appreciate the help NorCalFJ, by any chance do you know what that part is? The pipe with the two screws at the bottom?

See in Orange... basically this hose and/or clamp is bad. Your best bet is to replace both to be safe. You can see the coolant drip down the hard-line. The other items in orange have gaskets which can also be easily replaced. Check with Norwalk Toyota for prices.

View attachment 1930501
If you haven't done this already, clean up the area really well, then use the AC to see if you can trace the leak. It will save you form having to replace more than you need to. From my guess in looking at it, the leak seems to be coming from the hose and then pooling up at the hard line connection. This can give you the impression that the hardline is leaking but it is likely not. If it is just the hos/clamp - super easy fix as noted above. If it is the gaskets at the bottom, those are not hard either, but just a little more work - They don't look too bad but if you do need to change the gasket I would spray some liquid wrench or something on those nuts/bolts before trying to wrench them off.

Good luck finding that hose I think it is discontinued.. Any regular 5/8 inch heater hose should get the job done just won't look as pretty..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom