Mysterious Brake Lines 75 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I found this mysterious lines related to braking, can anyone identify them?

It connects to the diff housing, but there's another part of it that goes no where.

Discovered after I removed the tray.

received_1075085239552319.jpeg

received_728175291341253.jpeg

Look up LSPV mate. Standard part on many Toyota 4wd & utes. It is a valve that applies more braking at the rear when the suspension is compressed (ie you have a load on) Good to have on a ute if you are carrying varying loads. However they can crap out & need rebuilding/replacing.

Just removing it is not advisable. I carry much the same load most of the time in my SWB so when I rejigged the brakes a while back I removed it & replaced it with a Wilwood manual proportioning valve then tuned that to suit. It is not a bolt in job though, you need to do some re-plumbing & know what you are doing with brakes.

Cheers
Clint

I had never seen one of these LSPV either until I got my cruiser.
I got the arm loose at the differential and then temporarily wired it up high towards the body and drove around testing the brakes.
Later i wired it down low towards the axle and tested that.

LSPV position makes a huge difference so Clint is right: you will need a proportioning valve of some kind.

Wondering if I should remove it

Why? It is part of your braking system. It sends more brake pressure to the rear axle if you have a load on. I would at least familiarise yourself with the brake system before you tamper with it.

Why? It is part of your braking system. It sends more brake pressure to the rear axle if you have a load on. I would at least familiarise yourself with the brake system before you tamper with it.

The thing is it's so munted that the back breaks are doing nothing anyways, that's why I was asking. I have driven it and I do know alot about the car.

Front breaks and hand brake are fine

Yes.
Get the end of the arm free from the differential housing and experiment.
Also, I recall reading a thread on Mud about how to clean and recondition the LSPV.
I simply replaced mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom