1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Myer's Auto Exchange....Anyone know these guys?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by sl270, Jul 21, 2005.

1. sl270

sl270

These guys seem to frequent in low mile - really clean cruisers, and I am fairly new to world of the LC. I was hoping someone out there has dealt with and/or has an opinion on Myers Auto Exchange in Harrisonburg, VA. These guys seem real nice and appear to be honest, but I'm always leary of buying anything on-line or from someone in another part of the country.

Any info (positive or negative) would be greatly appreciated.

2. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

search and thou shall find...
    even somebody living in Harrisburg...

3. sl270

sl270

anyone out there know this guy? He seems to have some really nice cruisers that sell at a BIG premium

4. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

Don't know him, but talked to him. He knows there are people who get tired of looking, and gets BIG$$$ for his stuff.

I looked at a lot of crap, and was even considering go up there.

Glad I found a sub 90K 94 for much less, though...

If you are going to keep it forever, it might be worth it to pay top dollar.

But if you work really hard on looking, REALLY hard, you should find one in 6 months or so.

5. sl270

sl270

thanks for the advice!

Do you know anything of his credibility. Are the cruisers as he says, or does he fluff the condition w/ comments of rhetoric?

6. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

Don't know that. He answered every call.

Hard to argue with the mileage if some of those (if correct, run carfax) regardless of fluff, though.

Good Luck!

7. sl270

sl270

8. RUfj40crazy

RUfj40crazy

Myers goes to my cousins church, and I got my 40 from him last august. Went by there last week to shoot the s*** with him. Hes definately a good guy and gives you straight answers trust me he knows his stuff! Its a double edged sword though, do your research independly and know what you want. Dealers are always tring to make a buck, but he did have the invoice for my 40 and sold it to me for what he paid because it didnt sell (nobody wanted to do the body work). Ive checked out his stuff and he dosent sell crap if i was in the market... or could afford to be... Id rather buy used from him than even the toyota dealer here in town.

Shoot me a PM if you want a little more info!

Happy Hunting
    Peace
    Neal