My Winter Tire Setup… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

084runnerltd

SILVER Star
Threads
After waiting a long process of returning 2 18” wheels that arrived damaged, I finally received my rims last week.

I had decided on Falken A/T3W (non LT-as these are my winter setup). I ordered them up from a shop and got the tires on the rimstoday.

Back at the house, I am swapping the final wheel and I notice the tire is LT. 🤦🏼‍♂️. Back to the shop on Monday, but here is a LT265/70/18 with A/TW3.

(I definitely need to get some black lug nuts, I also recommend a second set of center caps the these plastic ones will surely snap over time if you swap them every 6 months)
4657385B-64A5-400B-8D3E-4FCABEB309E0.jpeg
BE31E84D-0C3F-451A-A05E-1AC61F9C9BF6.jpeg
72CC9691-91A0-47B4-B2FB-9D5FDD5ACEC3.jpeg

Looks nice.
If you don’t have it already- get a duplicate lock for your locking lug nuts. I know, I know, you’ll never lose the lock — until you do.
I discovered (to my astonishment) that I did 1200 miles from home while out in the boonies.

Looks nice.
If you don’t have it already- get a duplicate lock for your locking lug nuts. I know, I know, you’ll never lose the lock — until you do.
I discovered (to my astonishment) that I did 1200 miles from home while out in the boonies.

Ya, I hate those things, I am gonna order black lugs without a locking one and a normal chrome lug to replace the lock….They are always hassle and if someone want the wheels bad enough there are plenty of ways to get it off without a key.

I have a full set of OEM TPS for sale in the classifieds if anyone else is interested.
TPM kit

Why are you so worried about the LT tire vs non LT? with a vehicle this heavy I feel like i would always opt for the LT version.

Ride quality was the determining factor for me.

I don’t tow anything, 98% of use will be on-road, and the wildpeaks are about 10lbs lighter per tire in the non-lt version vs. the LT version.

It’s my wife’s daily driver, I was looking for something that would be good in the snow and that could handle some off-road stuff. However, I am not planning any serious off-reading for a little while, I need to at least wait until the new car smell fades.

Looking back, I probably just should have thrown some blizzaks on the 18s….but the blizzaks don’t look as good. ;)

Would I have noticed a difference in ride between the LT and non-LT? I am guessing not, unless I drove them back to back. The LX is our long distance cruiser and I wanted to keep it as comfortable as I could, while still having a semi-capable tire.

The Wildpeaks also have a higher load rating than the stock tires, so all is good there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom