My wife's 93 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Texican

s-Moderator
Threads
Just installed an OME 2" kit and 285/75r16 Toyo Open Country tires........ :D :D
Mvc-004f.jpg
Mvc-005f.jpg

Looks great bud! Now it needs the armor :cool: ...

oh by the way, this is how my wife's started off, this is how it sits today: in other words, you won't stop!!! :D

5yun1i

5yun91

Butch,

Say, were did you pick those tires up at? ;)
Really...could you let me in on your decision to go with the Toyos? And don't tell me because it almost spells Toyota. :D
Looks great! :D

TX_TLC said:
Butch,

Say, were did you pick those tires up at? ;)
Really...could you let me in on your decision to go with the Toyos? And don't tell me because it almost spells Toyota. :D
Looks great! :D

Wife don't know it's done yet, she thinks it was in the shop for an oil change.
:grinpimp:
I got them from a kick ass tire store in Bonham Texas.......My decision was based on the research I did here and thru our LSLC mailing list.
Seems to be one of the top chioices if not the top choice.
Butch

Last edited:
Is that the 851/860 combo?

Texican said:
Wife don't know it's done yet, she thinks it was in the sho pfor an oil change.
:grinpimp:
I got them from a kick ass tire store in Bonham Texas.......My decision was based on the research I did here and thru our LSLC mailing list.
Seems to be one of the top chioices if not the top choice.
Butch

Awwwwww how sweet of you....careful your showing your softer side...

Hmmm kick ass tire store in Bonham...might have to check them out. :D So is this a good all around tire? Manly on road use? Tread looks a little tight (close) to consider it all terrain.

I am trying to decide what tires to get on mine. I might pm you with some of my thoughts.

Thanks B-

Texican said:
I got them from a kick ass tire store in Bonham TexasButch

Let me guess... you know the owner and he gve you a great deal :)

Don't forget to add the snorkel before you take it back :)

Looks great, BTW

phishtaco said:
Is that the 851/860 combo?

Hell if I know, Gary Coberly gave me a smoking deal on it, used, I just know he said it was a 2" OME, shocks were included, I do know it rides so much better now, smoother on bumps, but firmer and more stable in corners...... :D

TX_TLC said:
Awwwwww how sweet of you....careful your showing your softer side...
Thanks B-

Softer side.....hhhmmmm, you did not know I am under strict orders from her not to modify her truck..........

Butch

Texican said:
Hell if I know, Gary Coberly gave me a smoking deal on it, used, I just know he said it was a 2" OME, shocks were included, I do know it rides so much better now, smoother on bumps, but firmer and more stable in corners...... :D

Well no matter the combo Tex it looks much better. Sure the wife is going to be thrilled with it, both appearance and ride characteristics. :D

I thought I was the only one that converted his wifes 80. To this day my wife wonders what happened to the LC she was suppose to drive.

Bob_Garrett said:
Let me guess... you know the owner and he gve you a great deal :)

Don't forget to add the snorkel before you take it back :)

Looks great, BTW

I be the owner..........no snorkel for now, Deb hates 'em......next thing is a Manik grille guard I got free......
Butch

reffug said:
Well no matter the combo Tex it looks much better. Sure the wife is going to be thrilled with it, both appearance and ride characteristics. :D

I figure if you get the chance to buy an OME kit for $200, you don't ask no questions......did have to call JJ and make sure the longer springs went where I thought though....

Texican said:
Softer side.....hhhmmmm, you did not know I am under strict orders from her not to modify her truck..........

Butch

I did think...wait maybe there is a reason she isn't in the loop.

:doh: If mamma ain't happy, no body's happy!

You could play dumb...."That new oil they used was really light and gave the truck some lift..."

TX_TLC said:
You could play dumb...."That new oil they used was really light and gave the truck some lift..."

These are definately the words of a married man who has previously had to spin a yarn or two to escape the wrath of the significant other. :D

Glad I ain't you Butch. Good luck.

Texican said:
next thing is a Manik grille guard I got free......
Butch

More commonly known as a damage multiplier.....

Texican said:
I be the owner..........no snorkel for now, Deb hates 'em......next thing is a Manik grille guard I got free......
Butch

A Manik, why in tarnations would you spoil a cool rig by adding a Manik, that should automatically get you :ban:

Biff said:
A Manik, why in tarnations would you spoil a cool rig by adding a Manik, that should automatically get you :ban:

Banned????
, since I'm a Super Mod I doubt that.......... :D :D

The wife likes it, if she wrecks it and it multiplies the damage, well insurance will cover it. :D
Butch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom