My Ugly PS Reservoir, Dingy Intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My PS fluid probably needs changed, so this is a great reminder in case you haven't thought about this recently:rolleyes:

My question has to do with the reservoir itself. It's the first thing I want to detail in the engine compartment. I've got a sticker to remind you it's ATF that goes in that I want to attach.

But the reservoir is rather scruffy in the finish department these days. When new, I think from my memory of a FJ55 and pics I've seen here, is that it should have a nice coppery color.

Mine is a grungy gray, almost. Is there anything I can do short of replacing with new that will make it not look like it was dangling below the truck all winter?

While I'm there, is there anything that can spiff up the aluminum intake manifold finish?

I've seen people use aftermarket reservoirs...I've seen people use the OEM charcoal canister as the PS reservoir as well.

Or you can stick with the OEM one, sandblast it, powerdercoat it purple!

Hey Onur,
Well, that's one idea:hmm:
My preference would be for green:)

I kind of figured that the PS res was tough luck at this point. It's steel and that finish, whatever it is, is very cool and hard to do, I suspect, any place other than the factory...

Did you happen to bring back any slightly blemished factory seconds?:)

On the intake manifold, that's a different story. My thoughts were to hit it with some Zep-Alum, if they still let them make and use that anymore. The wash guys used to use that on the aluminum semi wheels every so often through the wash bay. IIRC, basically a dilute acid that would brighten up your wheels.

Not so sure that'd be a good idea in the engine compartment, but maybe if one was neat?
And a good rinse afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom