My Turn to Build Sliders (1 Viewer)

pappy

photosynthesizing
Rock sliders on the garage floor.

sliders18.jpg

Sliders installed on da'40. These ain't grandma's running boards.

sliders9.jpg

Rear attachment at the frame. Frame was sleeved using 3/4"-1/8" wall DOM tube and held on with 12mm class 10.9 hardware.

sliders12.jpg

Front attachment using the horn for the body mount:

sliders11.jpg

Sleeving the frame.

sliders22.jpg

i cool kinda like mine, but i user 2x6 3/16th walled steal

Just out of curriosity, Why did you sleve the frame? Other than more support, It just seems like alot of work, Not that its not a great idea, Heck if I had the time and means I would probly do something new and interesting...Just to do it :)
Looking great!

LC_Hamma

The Anti-Leafer
Vitesse_6 said:
Just out of curriosity, Why did you sleve the frame? Other than more support, It just seems like alot of work, Not that its not a great idea, Heck if I had the time and means I would probly do something new and interesting...Just to do it :)
Looking great!

I'd guess so that the tube doesn't indent the frame when smacked. I know cuz I had the cheapy bolt on tube sliders that did that same thing.

Pappy-

Those look sweet man! What size tubing did you use? Looks like 2x4"?

Any particular reason you didnt weld them on? Just curious.

Rezarf <><

pappy

photosynthesizing
Vitesse_6 said:
Just out of curriosity, Why did you sleve the frame?

My experience has been when bolts are put though a boxed frame the frame will pinch. When you tighten one bolt the frame will pinch together causing the other bolts to loosen. The second reason is because it's stronger and just a better idea. The DOM was the most expensive piece of steel I bought for the project, at least relative to cost per inch. Even then, it was only $10 for 2ft. I'm into the project for only about $100, and a significant about of that was getting the round tube machine to fit inside the crossmember hole.

REZARF said:
Pappy-
Those look sweet man! What size tubing did you use? Looks like 2x4"?
Any particular reason you didnt weld them on? Just curious.

Yep, 2x4. Not welded in case sometime in the future I either need to repair them, or do something different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom