My Turn - The Mega Dream Garage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice place to hang out ! congratulations.

does the rain fall off your roof onto the concrete or soils?
Thanks!

Both but I am getting gutters and am going to catch some in IBC totes and route other downspouts in PVC to get it elsewhere.

Here is a morning update.
Finishing the foam today. They were here bright and early.

20220728_084718.jpg
20220728_084748.jpg
20220728_084827.jpg
20220728_084839.jpg
20220728_084845.jpg

I got a quote on color matched gutters with downspouts. The guy is a retired LEO so he gives a public safety discount - it took less than 2 seconds for me to accept the bid and that was because :princess: whooped in happiness at the price. He is 1.5 to 2 weeks out.

Chris remember to leave those doors open after they leave to vent the out gassing foam. I had another buddy discover he is highly sensitive to the those gasses. After nearly passing out, he couldn't enter his shop for two weeks.

Chris remember to leave those doors open after they leave to vent the out gassing foam. I had another buddy discover he is highly sensitive to the those gasses. After nearly passing out, he couldn't enter his shop for two weeks.
Definitely. I know if the mix was wrong it could be a nightmare. Yesterday they left the doors open and when I went in I could not smell anything so that is a good thing. I will probably leave them open a couple of days.

Definitely. I know if the mix was wrong it could be a nightmare. Yesterday they left the doors open and when I went in I could not smell anything so that is a good thing. I will probably leave them open a couple of days.

I've been worried about that myself. From a life in manufacturing I have developed sensitivities to man made chemicals, especially Phthallates in almost any form.

I have about 4k sq ft of roof that is left to insulate in my shop and really want to do closed cell spray foam for all the benefits, but not if it makes me sick.

I remember when I had my shops wired. IIRC we piped it all into 4 gang boxes that were about 8’ from each other except in counter/bench areas where they were a littl closer. Went 20 Amp and 30 Amp except for huge air compressor that was a 50.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

sr+

I am still waiting to ask 2 questions to the power company engineer… about 1 week now. Are you covering the walls with anything like sheet rock or pegboard? Can’t do the foam til electric is finished, can’t finish electric until the power company gets back to me. Can’t get the interior electric inspected without power so I’m doing the epoxy floor Sunday

you have built a beauty! What is the height inside? Now I see where your living I guess it is equally hot by you. Last week was high 90’s and inside the metal Building and running wires up near the trusses was a monster job.

I am going to just paint most of it gray.
The big empty corner not obstructed by doors will have a combination of metal and peg board. I may do something in the corner by the man door too. And a small mezzanine above the work area.
14 foot eves just at 20 feet at the peak.

Georgia Power must be a big company?
Something like 2.5 million customers all through GA excluding wholesale. There are a bunch of co-ops here too.

I've been worried about that myself. From a life in manufacturing I have developed sensitivities to man made chemicals, especially Phthallates in almost any form.

I have about 4k sq ft of roof that is left to insulate in my shop and really want to do closed cell spray foam for all the benefits, but not if it makes me sick.
There are low VOC options.

Once you have some power in there the real fun begins!

👏🏻

I was gone 10 days working the flood zones near Hazard, KY. What a tragic mess. Water rose like 20 feet in a matter of minutes in some places.

Anyway, I put a few things in the shop today to get them secure and in a dryer place. Nothing much to see but figured I would give an update.

I hope to do some more productive stuff this weekend.

Here are a few pics of minor progress.
Moving some stuff in finally. No progress on the electrics.
I got that pallet racking from a friend who drives a big truck for Coke. I am going to cut it down so it is only 24 inches deep.

20220814_162309.jpg
IMG-20220814-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20220814-WA0000.jpg

The foam makes a huge difference.

And a couple pics from KY floods.
IMG-20220803-WA0003.jpg

This is from USA Today. We were looking for bodies on that strainer all day.
IMG-20220805-WA0013.jpg

Out of curiosity what do you intend to do about work benches, make your own or buy some?

Way my GC is having leftover lumber I’m leaning towards making some just need some solid direction from someone with skills.

Out of curiosity what do you intend to do about work benches, make your own or buy some?

Way my GC is having leftover lumber I’m leaning towards making some just need some solid direction from someone with skills.
I have one I built that will go in there but I intend to make some more. I think I am going to build a big 4x8 and put steel on one end for welding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom