my turbo build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good stuff Mat!

Did you template that manifold, so I can get you to make me one when I finally get around to putting a turbo in my truck? :D

UPDATE!!!

click on the thread above....hint: it's alive :grinpimp:

I've tried adjusting my fuel screw and that #^&* will not move!

Any ideas? I've already sprayed the hell out of it with Move It.

How is it again? A 10mm locking nut, then a hex key adjuster inside?

How is it again? A 10mm locking nut, then a hex key adjuster inside?

I tried 10mm, 9mm, no worky. Mine seems to be perfectly round with a normal flat screw drive cut in it. It has the wire running through it to lock it in place.

Nice work Mat. Super clean. Are you going to be at this comming meeting?

Great news - now you can keep up to us. ( 85 to 130 hp?)

two tips:
first the OEM 90 degree elbow going into the butterfly. They split and leak very quickly. Must be a pressure ridge inside or 25 year old rubberized plastic. But a silicon elbow, or do like I did and buy a 90 degree rad hose and cut it to fit. 40k kms and still working. The OEM one caught me on the highway and I had to drive 100kms listening to it dumping massive amount of air.

secondly, the little hoses from the butterfly to the IP pump will blow off at 12 psi. Make sure they are clamped down and in good condition. The engine will rev to 2500 ish on it's own if one comes off.

VERY NICE build you have.

Smoke is not easy to get or see with the turbo.

Now remember to idle it down to 350 or lower before shutting it off to save the bearings and oil in the turbo.

two tips:
first the OEM 90 degree elbow going into the butterfly. They split and leak very quickly. Must be a pressure ridge inside or 25 year old rubberized plastic. But a silicon elbow, or do like I did and buy a 90 degree rad hose and cut it to fit. 40k kms and still working. The OEM one caught me on the highway and I had to drive 100kms listening to it dumping massive amount of air.

secondly, the little hoses from the butterfly to the IP pump will blow off at 12 psi. Make sure they are clamped down and in good condition. The engine will rev to 2500 ish on it's own if one comes off.

VERY NICE build you have.

Smoke is not easy to get or see with the turbo.

Now remember to idle it down to 350 or lower before shutting it off to save the bearings and oil in the turbo.

:D I'm guessing you found out about the little hoses from the butterfly the hard way as well.
I'll double check all that, thanks for the heads up. I've got all the other hoses clamped off and happy.
Thanks for the compliments guys. I am so happy I did this, I can actually keep up to people and even pass them on hills - this is a new experience for me....other then when I had the RX7 but I don't want to talk about that.
So I replaced the Thermostat (which it really should not be called that as it does not actually do what a thermostat does), rad cap, finished off the shower set up and replaced the cheap PA Water gauge with something that actually reads accurately. The only drag is that I lost my factory water temp gauge (had to remove it to fit the new sensor) so I can't run a comparison anymore.
Still in the process of monitoring how she reacts and what she likes but so far on a hot day pushing it hard up the hill I got just under 1200F for a little bit. Might have to turn down the fuel a bit. The economy on the highway seems to be awesome, should have some numbers by the end of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom