my turbo build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What boost are you getting when the pedal is to the metal?

Yah I learned the hard way. But more of a fright than a problem.

just like the oem elbow to the butterfly. You will be going along one day 5k kms later and you will hear a leaking air line like in a shop. Duct tape will get you by tho.

I actually had increased fuel mileage. Or shall I say lowered litres per 100 k. I can get 10 even per 100 k if I drive it at 90-95 and keep the rpms around 2k.

I only make 4-6 psi boost cruising. Sometimes none, unless I use the foot.

You might want to back your fuel off. It's nice not have to look at the pyro each time you climb a hill. I aim for 900-1000 max when setting the fuel. There is always going to be a head wind or hill bigger than when I set it up.

Mine maxes out at 10 PSI, I keep an eye on the EGTs and this weekend will be the first trip fully loaded and hitting hills so I'll see how she likes it and it the temps climb I'll back off the fuel. So far I am very much enjoying the added speed. I won't be able to keep up to the 80s but at least I'm not being passed by everything.

I let mine go to 14-15 psi. I actually hold the boost off manually with my right foot. If I am on a hill, I can choose how much boost by how my throttle I put in. I always maintain hills with just enough throttle to keep 9-10 pounds climbing. So I climb as cool on the EGT's as possible for the level of boost required. Where as you will go to 10 psi, and the wastegate will open bypassing the turbine to maintain the set boost, and your fuel flow will be above the required amount, with higher egts.

Also if I need it fast, like merging or passing I have it. I can swoop up to 120 kicks if I want too.

I know my vehicle now, and don't need to look at the gauges, I can tell when I am pushing it above 10 psi. I really have to have it reving (2500 and up) and my foot really into it. If I scream thru the gears allowing it to go to 3k, I can see the needle bob off 15 psi.

Have fun.

I installed it at 242k now have 284k. So 42k on it like this.

To me the only thing that I would be worried of with turboing an older engine would be having the head come apart or become evident of an issue sooner. Like speeding up a crack or having a precup fall..

Blow by or such can become more evident too, but if you have good compression, you have good compression. That would be seen out the breather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom