My truck started puking out transmission fluid. Need help? On road trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just drove 240km and got there to notice my transmission was leaking a decent amount.
Any ideas cause I need to get home. I had my rad and injection pump replaced if that effects soemthing. Does the transmission run any hoses to the rad? Never noticed the leak before

Seems to be coming from the driver side of engine and half way up where the transmission meets the engine and coming down
D6D0B801-846B-45BA-8E2C-792D43827170.jpeg

hard to tell from photo, but the red colour makes me think steering fluid? what car /year?
transmission is to the rear and under where the gear box is. automatic?

Also my power steering fluid is brown

PS fluid should be red too. Give it a flush with ATF if it's not. There are a couple how to's on here somewhere.

Regarding your trans leak: air flow from driving can blow it from the source all over the place. Maybe spray it all down with brake clean to get it off and go for a short drive. Have a look again to see if you can find where its coming from.

Common leaks would be from hoses connections to trans cooler that is in the bottom of your radiator, or trans pan, or even at ATF level dipstick.

If you've been overheating your motor, and trans has been getting really hot, it can cause some leaks too. I have not had this problem, but have only heard of it.

There is some possibility your torque converter or input shaft to trans seals are leaking.....

An
PS fluid should be red too. Give it a flush with ATF if it's not. There are a couple how to's on here somewhere.

Regarding your trans leak: air flow from driving can blow it from the source all over the place. Maybe spray it all down with brake clean to get it off and go for a short drive. Have a look again to see if you can find where its coming from.

Common leaks would be from hoses connections to trans cooler that is in the bottom of your radiator, or trans pan, or even at ATF level dipstick.

If you've been overheating your motor, and trans has been getting really hot, it can cause some leaks too. I have not had this problem, but have only heard of it.

There is some possibility your torque converter or input shaft to trans seals are leaking.....
Any chance you have a diagram of where the trans cooler hoses go and such so I could give a quick check

Okay thanks I added some atf but I’m in Tofino and have to drive back Monday Soo I’ll try my best to keep it cool as I have no tools

Okay thanks I added some atf but I’m in Tofino and have to drive back Monday Soo I’ll try my best to keep it cool as I have no tools

bring some extra ATF, and take 'er easy!

No tools? :frown: Get a can of brake clean and spray it all over. That will clean it up to isolate it. Then after driving for a while
take another look.

No tools? :frown: Get a can of brake clean and spray it all over. That will clean it up to isolate it. Then after driving for a while
take another look.
Haha. I’m from nanaimo so it’s not that far and I didn’t think I would be having any problem Lool guess I have to be prepared at all time

I checked the atf fluid and it read full on the cold line so I’m a bit confused

You may want to check your power steering. Has a hot and cold side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom