My tire question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have read tire posts all night:crybaby:

Will 33x13.5x16 fit my stock rims?
Will I have rubbing issues with such wide tires?
It has been recomended that I buy wider tires than 285x75x16"s, I believe due to the muddy Alaska terrain :confused:

I want to try and stay in the 33's for tires due to not wanting to regear the DD.

My suspention is stock now but I will be contacting Slee to help me with a small lift if this info should be factored for the "rubbing" question.

loquito said:
I have read tire posts all night:crybaby:

Will 33x13.5x16 fit my stock rims?
Will I have rubbing issues with such wide tires?
It has been recomended that I buy wider tires than 285x75x16"s, I believe due to the muddy Alaska terrain :confused:

I want to try and stay in the 33's for tires due to not wanting to regear the DD.

My suspention is stock now but I will be contacting Slee to help me with a small lift if this info should be factored for the "rubbing" question.

Ive got 305/70/16 (basically 33/12 inches) They stuff well on stock configuration but I think if I was 1 inch to 1.5 inches wider I would hit my flare on every stuff. Don't know what would happen with a lift.

TR

If rubbing is an issue it would definitely be slight rubbing only. Wheel spacers could be a viable option.

Wheel spacers would make the problem worse, no? Spacers will push the tire further out than it already is.

Or do you mean to say trim packers (for more lift)?

Oh, I was thinking of rubbing on the inside of the wheel. Yeah spacers would make it worse then.

What rim size is recommended by the tyre manufacturer? I'm guessing that the 16x8 rims will be to narrow(do you guys get 8" rims standard- mine are). When I was running 33/12.5R15 on 15x8 rims they were considered to narrow, 15x9 was recommended. Running 16" rims the rim to tyre width to sidewall hieght ratio would be worse. I think 16x10s would be a better size rim.
The 15x8 rims I was using had heaps of offset and didn't rub so the 13.5 on standard offset rims shouldn't rub. I was running 2" of lift but didn't lower the bump stops so the wheel tuck under compression should be the same.

Mickldo said:
What rim size is recommended by the tyre manufacturer? I'm guessing that the 16x8 rims will be to narrow(do you guys get 8" rims standard- mine are). When I was running 33/12.5R15 on 15x8 rims they were considered to narrow, 15x9 was recommended. Running 16" rims the rim to tyre width to sidewall hieght ratio would be worse. I think 16x10srim.
The 15x8 rims I was using had heaps of offset and didn't rub so the 13.5 on standard offset rims shouldn't rub. I was running 2" of lift but didn't lower the bump stops so the wheel tuck under compression should be the same.

You came up with the same issue my studying revieled. they recomend a 16x9 minimum and IIRC ours are 16x8.

If you could get some 16x9 or 16x10 rims in the correct offset I reckon that those tires would fit. What are the tyres you are looking at? Maybe somebody could recommend a suitable alternative for your driving conditions. I can't help with that part unless Alaska has a similar climate/driving conditions to Queensland.:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom