My Sun Fusion Yellow Repaint Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

For the past four months my FJ40 has been in the shop getting painted. Luckily my next door neighbor owns the body shop so he let me have a space in there and I did the prep work myself. The body guys helped me out with most of the other stuff. It's not quite all put together yet, but I wanted to share my progress.

The first pic is of the 40 before the paint job, the rear right quarter was wrinkled from a PO's fight with a tree.

Enjoy.

IMG_9468.jpg

SP_A0741.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

Nice job! looks sweet

That truck used to belong to my neighbor. He purchased the tub from me.

Rig is looking good, glad it found a new home.

Yes, big thanks to SHREG's neighbor, MUD username Cothran, for putting together a great truck...he did the hard part

Yeah, Tim did a fine job with that rig. you should have sen what he started with. I can find the build thread if you would like.

Love the new color. Great job.

Dig it. Always liked yeller and black, you did it right!

Is the checker plate steel I like it even though most guys hate CP.
How did you attach it I dont see rivots or screws were did you get it from it sits nice and flush with the tub.

Love the yellow and black together, black top would look sweet.

Is the checker plate steel I like it even though most guys hate CP.
How did you attach it I dont see rivots or screws were did you get it from it sits nice and flush with the tub.

I bought it from a steel distributor in Iowa I believe called State Steel. They gave me a good price because I told them it was for a land cruiser and I was a high school student... cost me about $50 including shipping to Chicago and i had a ton left over

I know a lot of guys don't like the diamondplate and I was torn whether or not to do it, but it's sealed up nicely so i doubt it will rust. It's stitch welded around, ground down to clean it up, then caulked up for the seal, with rustproofing underneath

Love the yellow and black together, black top would look sweet.

I thought about it...but I love the white top. I know it looks kinda funny, but my plan was to get another grill and paint it white for when the top is on, and use the black for when the top is off. Just waiting for one to show up locally

nice rig what size and brand of tires are those.

Thanks, They're Wrangler MT-Rs, 35"

I thought about it...but I love the white top. I know it looks kinda funny, but my plan was to get another grill and paint it white for when the top is on, and use the black for when the top is off. Just waiting for one to show up locally

Really nice looking rig. I think the black grill goes just fine with the white top. As you can see, I really like the black on yellow contrast.
78FJ40 16.jpg

bsevans, nice rig too! yeah i do love the way yellow and black look together... i'll post up more pics when it's out of the shop and not covered with a layer of dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom