My story, & new to me, 2013 LX 570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Back in 2012 I stumbled upon a 91 FJ80 which had been sitting for sale for a year or so. I've always been a fan of Land Cruisers, and decided to stop and see if I could add another to my stable of too many cars.

The 91 wouldn't shift out of first, so I took a gamble and bought it for a very reasonable price.

I still own the 91, and I tinker on it as much as I can (which is less than I'd like to). She's in really good shape overall.

This is how she sits today. Dorkle, 33" skinny tires, 4.88's.

After deciding to start a family, I sold my Honda S2000 and bought a 07 LX470. I didn't really do many mods to it other than 33" tires and some mild audio stuff.

Galactic Grey Mica with 110K and night vision. I loved this truck. I put 50k miles on it from 2015 until earlier this year when someone made an illegal u-turn directly into the side of the truck and totaled it.

I was the only person in the car, and everyone involved was uninjured. But the 100 series was dead, and I was on the search for another car.

I made out pretty well with my insurance VS what I owed, so I decided to make the jump to a 200 series.

I dealt with the usual availability problems of the Land Cruisers, but after a few weeks of looking I settled on a '13 being sold in New Jersey. It had the 'parchment' interior that I was looking for, and had perfect service records.

110,000 miles - bought at that dealership, serviced there every 10k, and then sold at the same dealership. Had a water pump done at 100k. I ended up getting it for $32k at a very good interest rate.

I brought it home in March 2018. (pardon the mess in the garage)

I love a lot of things about the 200, and miss a few things about the 100. I decided the truck looked a little too 'soccer mom' for me, so I found a set of rock warrior wheels with decent BFG's on Craigslist and bought them.

I bought TPMS for them, had them balanced and tossed them on last week.

I like them. I thought I would like them more.. but I think they look better than the 20's.

I love the truck overall. The comfort is definitely ahead of the 100 series, and the power is intoxicating. The spindle grill is polarizing, I'll admit - but I like it.

My wife keeps saying 'it's too classy to be made to look tough', and she might be right. We'll see what the future brings.

I've now owned three generations of Land Cruisers. I'm not sure I'll ever be without one.

Awesome. Enjoy the beast.

Nice find. I like the “pardon the mess in the garage”. If only my garage looked that good!

Thanks guys.

Any opinions on the rock warriors?

I think the black paint isn't doing them any favors. I think black on the LX is like wearing a tuxedo, and the RW's are like wearing hiking boots with the tux.

Am I thinking about it too much, or do they look a bit odd?

I think the RW wheels look great, much better than the stock 20's. But I think they look better on a non-black truck.

Rock warriors are awesome wheels. cant beat the strength/weight for the money!
however, I don't think they are the best looking wheel out there. especially for a black 570.
I would like to see what the new 16 and up cruiser wheels would look like on a lx.
they seem to be a similar style, but a little less refined....

I was thinking about turning the tires around. I also think they'll look better as blackwalls.

Great story, great new rig. I love my 2011 LX570 I picked up 4 months ago. I'm considering ditching the 20's as well. How do the RW's match up with the AHC and side modes (soft, normal, sport)? Thanks!
Andy

I can tell no difference. The weight is within 5 lbs of the stock wheels and tires.

Side wall flex? Ride quality? Thx

so I found a set of rock warrior wheels with decent BFG's on Craigslist and bought them.

if we could all be so lucky. i watched for four weeks and finally caved and got some 18's.

Nice black LX.

sorry to hear and see that

Oh crap. I would be so furious! Good news is that looks repairable and body on frame construction will likely lead to no lasting issues.

I handled the accident like a champ - because, well, it was an accident (mixed with a little bit of sloppy driving on the other guys part).

But afterwards I was furious. "The LX is cursed!" "I'm going to sell every car I have by this weekend and buy a GT-R" "I'm going to sell my cars, AND my house and buy a place across the street from work, and swear off cars forever."

But I'm feeling better now.

The insurance agent I was assigned to was in a hurry to get me off the phone, so I requested the last guy who worked on my claim for my LX470. The guys name is Vladimir from Progressive, btw. Awesome dude.

My plan is to talk to Vlad to get set up at the best collision place he's dealt with in the area (he's got to know more about them than I do), and get her fixed and keep it.

One thing that I am considering is to go after someone for the diminished value of the vehicle. Might be a long shot. Seriously though, you guys know how we obsess when searching for these vehicles. I passed over other LC's and LX's because they had accident history. Now mine has accident history - who makes me whole for the $3k I probably lost due to resale value? I bought it 3-4 weeks ago, so it should be pretty easy to determine the value pre and post accident.

I've had a string of bad luck when it comes to cars lately. Hopefully it's over.

One thing that I am considering is to go after someone for the diminished value of the vehicle. Might be a long shot.

Not a longshot at all, do a bit of research on pre-wreck value vs post-wreck value and take that to Vlad, ask him to supply that to the other party's insurance for a reimbursement.

That should buff right out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom