My Steering woes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally got ome steering damper on(pickle fork worked) Thanks G+S for prompt service.

The damn truck still steered like s***e. Started looking at the u joints in the steering column. I have replaced the lower one before. The top one is stiffer than hell. So I started to pull it apart while in the truck and damned if I didn't break the yoke in half. LOL
OOps toyota wants 20 business days and $195 for the yolk to come from notincanada. Luckily a wrecker is pulling the whole intremediate shaft and all associated yolks for $50 tommorrow.

Needless to say the steering wheel spins like the wheel of fortune. I'm getting to the point where a nice diesel 80 sounds easier on my hands and noggin. Hopefully this is the end of the steering chase.

Just needed to vent to someone (not my wife who is still rolling her eyes)
Thanks guys for all the help.

Challis :beer:

silvercrusher said:
I finally got ome steering damper on(pickle fork worked) Thanks G+S for prompt service.

Pleasure

silvercrusher said:
I'm getting to the point where a nice diesel 80 sounds easier on my hands and noggin. Hopefully this is the end of the steering chase.
Challis :beer:

When you start thinking like this, walking down the road of elimination, it can be very frustrating. However, when you have it figured and fixed, it's all worth it!

Cheers!

gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom